Shortcuts (video playback question)

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any shortcuts in windows or an application that can do the following? :

Situation: As my monitor is only 17 inch, I'd like to play TV/Films from the computer through the 32 inch TV via the HDMI output on the graphics card. To get this to work I need to change the settings of the sound output then go into screen resolution on W7 and change the Multiple displays option.

I'd like to be able to enable (if possible) a button of sorts on the desktop or find a quicker and easier way to change my audio default play back device from my motherboard audio out to my graphics card (which has audio out via the HDMI cable) and at the same time changes my single display to multiple displays option to "Duplicate these displays" in one quick button press.

It this possible using a shortcut or other application?

Last edited:
Reaction score
hmmm. Not sure scripting is something I'd be capable of but I'll have a look. Thanks.

Reaction score
hmmm. Not sure scripting is something I'd be capable of but I'll have a look. Thanks.
I think you're capable of learning a new skill, don't sell yourself short. :top:

I'll keep an eyeball open and if I see any solutions I'll forward it to you.

Reaction score
Thanks Satchmo - Im already playing with "Dos Script", "VBScript for Excel" , and "JavaScript in HTML". I think this will be easy enough for me to grasp. I noticed the VBS extention. So this is Visual Basic Script should be simular to writing Macros in Excel.

Reaction score
Thanks Satchmo - Im already playing with "Dos Script", "VBScript for Excel" , and "JavaScript in HTML". I think this will be easy enough for me to grasp. I noticed the VBS extention. So this is Visual Basic Script should be simular to writing Macros in Excel.
Did you do it?

Ask a Question