Sharing Internet on Win 7 with Wix XP via n/w cable.

Reaction score
Hi,

I am connecting Reliance broadband netconnect on my Win 7 laptop. I have another laptop Armada M700, having no inbuilt wifi. As the USB supported is 1.1, Reliance Broadband USB modem is not connecting.

Is there any way to share my internet via the cable as a local area network.
Please help.
Thank you in advance.

PS: I tried to find the related information on this forum but couldn't find. Please let me know in case this is already been resolved and is present on this forum which I might have msised to find.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not an expert on Networking but I believe ...

If you have an ethernet (LAN) port available on both computers then you can connect them via an "Ethernet crossover cable" and put them in the same workgroup. With that I know you can share files between the two.

As for using the internet connection of the other computer. Supposedly that's possible ... see HERE

Reaction score
Hi,

I am connecting Reliance broadband netconnect on my Win 7 laptop. I have another laptop Armada M700, having no inbuilt wifi. As the USB supported is 1.1, Reliance Broadband USB modem is not connecting.

Is there any way to share my internet via the cable as a local area network.
Please help.
Thank you in advance.

PS: I tried to find the related information on this forum but couldn't find. Please let me know in case this is already been resolved and is present on this forum which I might have msised to find.

Dear Customer,

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please share your contact number with us so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

Cheers,

RCOMcare

Reaction score
Thank you TrainableMan!
I was looking for more Specific information as I am trying to connect Windows 7 Home basic internet with windows XP Prof.

Many Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
dhirajkms, it appears someone who works for your internet provider has offered to help. You might send RCOMcare a message.

Ask a Question