SOLVED sfc /scannow not working correctly

Reaction score
I could use some help on this one as I'm stumped. sfc /scannow keep's giving the following error at 7% - Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. I get that same message no matter how I attempt to run it. Admindtrative Command Prompt in Normal Mode, Safe Mode and booting with Windows 7 dvd command prompt mode. I've searched it on Bing & Google and tried the following : 1. System Restore, 2. Made sure Windows Module Installer was set to Manual in Services- tried stopping & restarting it and 3.sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=c:\ /OFFWINDIR=c:\windows - I tried that command off the Windows boot dvd using c:,d:,e:,f:,g: and h: as that cover's all the drive letter's in use on my pc, except my external hd, which wasn't powered on. OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS ( Windows & Programs also has a Games folder in C:\Program Files (x86) that points to Games partition on 1 of my Caviar Blacks partitions just for games), WD Caviar Black 1 Entertainment (WMP/WMC stuff- Music, Pictures, Saved Games & Videos), Caviar Black 2 partition 1 Data (Contacts, Documents, Downloads, Favorites, Links & Searches) and Caviar Black 2 partition 2 Games and game related online servives (i/e: Origin, GameSpy & Game Backups).

Attachments

Reaction score
Did the reinstall this morning. Did a major mistake in the process. I forgot that I formatted my external hard drive Monday after threats were found on my pc. When I did the install this time, I formatted all 3 my hard drive's. I lost everything passwords, download/product key's, documents, pictures and videos. Won't ever make that mistake again. I'll be working on this until the middle of next week, waiting for my 6-7 other product keys.

Ask a Question