Send Link by email Greyed-out

Reaction score
hello, my browser "Page" menu "send page / Link by email" (+ a few under it) are Greyed-out / inactive. i have to copy/paste Links into mail. anyone know why ? thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :) You may need to reset your default mail client using the following steps:

1. Click Start, select Default Programs
  2. Click Set program access and computer defaults
  3. Click Custom, and select your mail client (for example, Windows Mail)
  4. Click OK
Even if your existing mail client is selected, try setting it again to see if it works.

Reaction score
youre right ! thanks Ian :)

any ideas about All the Printer Icons not showing in "Devices" ?
only the Default one is there, even tho others can be used.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :) You may need to reset your default mail client using the following steps:

[/LIST]Even if your existing mail client is selected, try setting it again to see if it works.
WOW!!! Thank you soooooooooo much! I've been scouring the internet for the solution to this problem for days. I even sent a support request to Microsoft and followed every step in the very long Action Plan they sent me - and that still did not fix the problem! So I am so glad I found this site!

I had checked all my associations and default programs several times and they were all OK. I had also gone into Set Program Access and Computer defaults and they all looked OK to me.

But this time, instead of just leaving "Use my current email program" ticked and "Enable access to this program", I actually ticked "Use Windows Live Mail - and hey presto, it worked! Oh I am so pleased! Thanks a million.

Ask a Question