SOLVED Recycle bin not holding items

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
On the right side it still works but you used to be able to do it on the directory tree (left side) as well and that now initiates a search instead. If yours works on the left then I wonder if maybe you have disabled search?
That'll be it then!! Another bonus for dumping Windows Search as soon as I install!

Reaction score
I understood you were offering an alternative and I appreciate that, though I won't use it.

In general I'm not agitated but it does frustrate me how many little features Microsoft removes without one bit of concern, rather than making them options the die-hard users can re-enable. I'm afraid they are simply too big to have to care much about the feelings of the individual users. I love the slap in the face they took with Vista but they are still lacking in concern for upgrading users.
Such is the dynamic of a monolithic corporate giant .. nearsightedness.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
That'll be it then!! Another bonus for dumping Windows Search as soon as I install!
I'm not saying it DOES work, I was posing the question to you, does yours work on the left? and do you have windows search disabled?

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I'm not saying it DOES work, I was posing the question to you, does yours work on the left? and do you have windows search disabled?
Sorry! Misinterpreting the prob (beer goggles on)! No to the left and yes to Windows Search is no more!

Reaction score
It turns out this was actually a problem with my Propellerheads "Record" software's Codemeter stick (dongle). The stick had defaulted to being a local disc rather than removable, adjusting the settings has resulted in a perfectly working recycle bin.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to help :)

Reaction score
It turns out this was actually a problem with my Propellerheads "Record" software's Codemeter stick (dongle). The stick had defaulted to being a local disc rather than removable, adjusting the settings has resulted in a perfectly working recycle bin.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to help :)
Seems like I've got the exact same problem. As long as the CodeMeter stick is plugged into my computer, the contents of the recycle bin disappear ... As soon as the stick is removed from the system, the contents are shown again.

What exactly did you change on your system to fix the problem?

Reaction score
Go To "All Programs > CodeMeter > Tools > CodeMeter Disc Configuration.
This will open CodeMeter's Disc Configuration tool.
On the right are three tabs; 'Info', 'Disc Configuration', and 'Options'.
Select the 'Options' tab.
You should see the Disc Type shown as "Local Disc" (the default setting, for some obscure reason).
Double Click it so a new option list opens, where you can change it to "Removable Disc".
Do so.
Click the 'Apply Changes' button at the bottom.

That's half the cure.

To finish;
Once you've done all that and closed the app., unplug the CodeMeter stick.
Wait a second or two, then re-connect it.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Jimmy, that just did it!

I had to download the CodeMeter runtime and install it (seems like the runtime provided with Propellerheads Record does not contain the CmDiscConfig tool). But now it works as you described it.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Jimmyb, when are you gonna post up some of those tunes you're working on? :D

Reaction score
I still consider myself a novice, perhaps in a few months I will have some good work finished, in the meantime you are welcome to have a look at my page where I have snippets of my work www.soundcloud.com/jagwah

Maninblack if you are still about it would be great to have a link to some of your work.

Ask a Question