SOLVED Rampant BSOD

Reaction score
Heya, ok I downloaded and ran that CD. It did a quick scan and didn't find anything so I did a full scan and it found 4 "severe" threats, one of which was a trojan which it then removed, so that's got to be a good thing! Not sure what you mean by Alt + print screen, I tried pushing that and it didn't do anything so I popped in a paint attachment of that CPU-Z thing you wanted to look at.

I've got rid of the catalyst control centre too, that was a swine, had to Google that it find out how to do it! Gonna give the pc some hammer now and see if I can trigger a blue screen, I'll let you know how I get on!!

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
OK, so you have fixed one problem,viruses. I hope you don't do banking on that computer?

So what anti-virus are you using?

To capture the current active window:
- Run CPU-Z
- Run paint, then minimise it.
- Click on CPU-Z to make it the "Active Window"
- Whilst holding down the ALT button press the Print screen button and release both buttons.
- Click on paint and from the paint menu Edit -> paste.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Yeah that's definately one good thing, AND, no matter how hard I hammered my PC I haven't been able to get another blue screen!!! I won't get my hopes up too high just yet, but fingers crossed! The people who I bought the motherboard from suggested I do a BIOS reset by taking the battery out for 5 minutes which I did (I got google website certificate errors which freaked me out until I realised it had reset my clock to 2009!). So hopefully that in conjunction what the stuff you've had me doing today has finally fixed it. I'll run things for a few days and let you know if I have any more blue screens, but even if it doesn't fix it thanks for all your efforts!

I use AVG free and I do do banking on my pc, but it's a pretty secure website, hope no damage was done! Can you recomend a better free anti virus or is AVG the best?

Ah, I was just clicking print screen and pasting straight in to paint.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Make sure that AVG is up to date.
Lets hope that the problem was the Trojan.

Reaction score
There haven't been any more blue screens sinc ethe fix, looks like you got to the bottom of it, thanks for all the help!

Ask a Question