Pink / Purple image in Windows Photo Viewer

Reaction score
hi everyone, i've got some problem on the default pitcure viewer on my windows 7. i have just installed win 7 yesterday, and there are some pictures transfered from my old PC, but when i use the default picture viewer to view my picture, they are gone purple on the view (please see attached picture), can anyone kindly help my to fix out this problem? thank you very much~

Attachments

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like a colour profile problem. Can you right click the Desktop, then click: Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings > Colour Management > Colour Management > Advanced.

Now make sure all of the profiles list the "system default" profiles. Under the main device profile it should be : sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
What image types are these? Can you open and view them correctly in MS Paint?

Edit: Nevermind, Ian seems to know what's going on. :D

Reaction score
It looks like a colour profile problem. Can you right click the Desktop, then click: Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings > Colour Management > Colour Management > Advanced.

Now make sure all of the profiles list the "system default" profiles. Under the main device profile it should be : sRGB IEC61966-2.1

thx!! i have fixed it following your method! really thank you!
but there is another problem occurred, the problem is that i cannot change the icon of any folder, what i have done is ---right click any file/folder, Properties, customize, change icon, then click on any icon that on the list below and OK", but seems that it nothing happen on the changed icon at all, please advise how to change icon on windows 7, thank you very much!!

Reply to Kougar : those images is Jpg file, it was fine if i open it by paint, but purple screen happened when i'm opening it with the defaulf photo viewer or windows live photo album or something (p.s. but if i play them as slidshow it works fine...@@), anyway the problem solved by editing the colour management...

Reaction score
What image types are these? Can you open and view them correctly in MS Paint?

Edit: Nevermind, Ian seems to know what's going on. :D
yes, it can open fine with paint, but not on the default photo viewer and windows live album...anyway it solved with thanks, but another problem come up, please try to look it up and help, really thank you...

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my photo viewer but your advice doesnt help =(

Ask a Question