Photosmart C7280 installed - or is it?

Reaction score
OK, I have just had to rebuild my laptop (Toshiba L555 Win7 home premium x64bit) and have installed the driver and software package from the HP website.
All seemed to go well and I was given the register screens etc and it ended with Solution Centre opening up. I am able to print from my various programs but after restarting for some reason Solution centre refused to open stating that installation had not been completed (it had?)
Despite running the installation again this did not fix solution centre until I set it to run in compatability mode (WinXP)
ALSO in device manager there are two items under Other Devices with little yellow triangles beside them which state the drivers are unavailable, they are:
PCI simple communications controller
Photosmart C7200 series

Strange as the printer is working yet the system states the driver is missing?

Does anyone know what is going on here and if I need or can do anything about it. When I click on update driver I'm told windows can not find a driver, yet it is installed from the software installation?.

Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
This printer is definitely marked as compatible in the W7 compatibility center. I would suggest uninstalling the HP package completely and then reboot and see what icons are showing yellow triangles at that point.

Ask a Question