Path to a folder in a library

Reaction score
Hey there! I hope someone can help me with this, because after my google-fu failed me, I'm really stumped how to solve my problem.

I'm trying to figure out the path to a folder inside a library in Windows Explorer. I know that the path to a library called "1", for example, would be " %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\1.library-ms". But is there a way to point to a specific folder inside that library?

The reason I'm asking is that I have a "to do" folder, and my Windows Explorer is usually set up to go directly to that folder once I open it. But I would really like to make use of the library organising feature on top of that, hence my question.

Any help and/or advice is greatly appreciated! :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Your actual library folders by default are located at C:\Users\{youruserid}\My Documents, C:\Users\{youruserid}\My Music,etc and are therefore dynamic to be specific to the user logged on. Libraries are merely links to the actual location. And you can change the originals or even add additional links under the various libraries to anywhere you like.

If you want to know where a library folder really is, open Windows Explorer and go to the folder (not the library pointer), example "My Music" not "Music" and right-click. Select properties and choose the location tab.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply! I do know where the actual folders are and also the paths to them, but that is not what I'm looking for. I don't want Windows Explorer to open and expand to the specified folder in its actual location, I want it to open and expand to the folder in its library - I hope that explanation makes sense! That is why I'm trying to find a path to its location *in the library*. If that is even possible, of course!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OK, So you want to create a shortcut to open Windows Explorer to a specific folder, but not under the Computer section (which can be done), you want it to open to the folder while being under the libraries section.

Sorry, I've never seen a tip to do that. Maybe someone else will come along with a solution.

Ask a Question