Patch Tuesday for September

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Just one for mine (Office 2010) Interesting though, that I see pretty much the same offers for Office 2007.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You got the malicious software removal tool so, unless they somehow changed it, a reboot IS needed for it to work; it's just sitting there waiting for your next one.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
My system required a reboot also. Mostly Office 2010 Security updates.

Reaction score
You got the malicious software removal tool so, unless they somehow changed it, a reboot IS needed for it to work; it's just sitting there waiting for your next one.
That is not always true about software removal tool I have installed the patch Tuesday updates on 3 machines for September some requiring less updates than others, but no re-boot was required by any of my machines and they all included a malicious software removal tool

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm saying it may not have forced a reboot but it hasn't actually run ... and won't until the next reboot.

Reaction score
I am not sure about that as MS will not install some updates if a malicious software problem exists.

Ask a Question