Parental Control software

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Anyone recommends a good all around parental software? I have 2 young kids and don't want them exposed to questionable sites, nor want them to go on chat rooms, etc...

Someone recomended WebWatcher by Awareness Technologies.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Norton NIS includes pretty good parent protection; this is what I have installed on my brothers three computer to watch my niece and nephew. It sends emails of attempts to access restricted content as well as a monthly report.

For the general user Norton seems to work OK. For me personally I am frustrated with their 32bit-only application because it can't support 64-bit browsers and because it hassles me about hack tools including a perfectly legitimate password recovery program that could simply be dangerous in the wrong hands. Norton supposedly allows you to create exceptions for these problems but then constantly goes around ignoring them and finds a way to delete them. So if you don't have this type software, you are fine, if you do then Norton is a POS.

Last edited:

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Sir,
Six of the best, early to bed and no supper never did me any harm.
Yours
Major Colonel Jonathan Felicity Fotherington-Smythe

Last edited:

Ask a Question