SOLVED Paper type selection isn't remembered

Reaction score
I have just installed Windows 7, and print with Epson R220. When I go to choose the photo paper, the option changes back to plain paper each time. How can I get this to stay on .. say.. Epson glossy? any ideas?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Go to Devices and Printer in the Start Orb and the choose your printer, then Printer Preferences.

Go to the Advanced tab and choose the settings you want and save them in the "Save Setting" button

I hope this helps.

Reaction score
Paper type selectyion isn't remembered

Thanks Nibiru2012 for the info, I do this when printing from photoshop, but the problem occurs when I choose a photo from Pictures; right click on, choose print, this is when I choose the right photo paper I want to print on, and it reverts back to "plain paper". Karian

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
If you set paper / printing options from within a perticular program, the settings revert to default once you close what ever program you are working from. If you use the instructions that Nibiru posted, it should make whatever special selections you make the default and that should then be the default for all programs

Reaction score
Epson printer. Choosing the correct paper

Thanks for the info but I have just noticed that the format has changed now for printing with Epson. It automatically comes up with the correct paper(with a drop down menu for various photo papers) for photos and when I choose "text" the paper choice auto changes to" print paper"!.. clever eh! which has solved the problem I was having,
Karian.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting back with your solution karian. I happy to hear you figured it out. I will mark this thread solved. :)

Ask a Question