Pale Moon Browser

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I can spare the space. It's no biggy for me to keep it on here. I'll avoid the issues you had if I don't try to uninstall it.
I'm sure that my problem arised when I selected to remove personal data & customizations, but I don't understand why they tied that into FF. It would be better if it (the configurations) were kept separate from FF's. Then, there would be no problem.

Reaction score
Yes, I guess it was it's strength and it's weakness, as you no doubt noted loading it instantly gave you all the settings and bookmarks your regular FF has. In my case it even used the same Persona skin I have in FF.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I uninstalled it - got board with it (I'm no FF fan anyway :D) whatever ... I wont install it again :lol:

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
its FF optimised for Windows
And what is FF optimized for?

As far as the Windows Club - I don't know about their other products but their Ultimate Windows Tweaker is the best tweaker for Win7 I have found - when looking for a replacement for the PowerToy, TweakUI for XP.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
When I asked about the Windows Club that came up in the discussion, I didn't realize it's a forum. This is my home, and am proud to be a member here. I have no interest in joining another Windows forum, as my Windows needs are met here. I'm a member of a couple of Linux forums, but there's no competition involved there.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It is not a forum, it is site that caters to Windows that has a forum too.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I have seen it before, when looking up a problem with XP Pro, my DVD was causing problems, I had a new wireless (cell) modem to install, and I needed my DVD player to work. That's when I ran into the site. But other than that (my issue wasn't resolved there), I've never given them another thought until this came up. I do understand what you're saying, though. A place that advises Windows users, and has an optional forum. There's many sites similar to that, though they all aren't exclusively Windows sites. There's hundreds, if not thousands of similar sites, some with, some w/o a forum. I've had to look elsewhere for help before, like when my printer wouldn't work with 64 bit, and a 64 bit driver wasn't listed on Dell's site for my printer. I searched for two months. Finally, I found it on Microsoft's Answers. I didn't post the question myself, but someone else had. What a relief! But what pissed me most of all, and I emailed Dell about this, they had this driver and wouldn't post it. It was their driver, so they had to know. And to this day, it still doesn't show. I called Dell, explained it to the rep, she said it would be handled ASAP, but it still doesn't show on the list. My point here is that I do explore all of my options, but this forum is my home.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
They have some good downloads on the main site, I often drop in to see whats new :)

Reaction score
Windows Club also has some interesting reading and links. I was browsing there today.

Ask a Question