Pale Moon Browser

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Is it in anyway related to Firefox? Looking at the left top of the page, it looks like it's twin brother. BTW, FF is very fast, too. They (Mozilla) do have another browser, Seamonkey.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Yes it is in a way Cat its FF optimised for Windows and I just found out The Windows Club is trying it out, I like it better then the standard FF.

Claiming faster then FF

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is a FF clone. Everything works just as in FF including themes, extensions, cookie, etc. I'm sticking with it for awhile.

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
According to Technical Details (see link) its had a lot taken out compared to FF, I'm going to keep it for a wile (have a play around with it) but as I'm a die hard Maxthon user I wont be swapping ;)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yes it is in a way Cat its FF optimised for Windows and I just found out The Windows Club is trying it out, I like it better then the standard FF.

Claiming faster then FF
What or who is The Windows Club? I've never heard of it.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
What or who is The Windows Club? I've never heard of it.
They're one of the splinter groups of the present day Illuminati. Also part of the NWO!

Subjugate the lower classes! War is Peace! Big Brother is Always Right!

Just Kidding! LOL!

About
The Windows Club, is conceptualized, created & owned by Anand Khanse, a Microsoft MVP, and an end-user Windows enthusiast.

The site, is primarily targeted at the Windows 7 & Windows Vista user and will address and cover issues in relation to Microsoft and Windows OS. All the information & tips offered in this website is provided on ‘as-is’ basis, without any warranties. The author/s will not be liable for any special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason. All use is completely at your own risk. This site was launched on 20th April, 2009, less than 2 years after the launch of WinVistaClub. The Windows Club, is a Microsoft Featured Community.

You may also want to check out our Windows Club Help Forum. We primarily discuss everything Windows, and we’d love to have you register and participate in it.

Microsoft, Windows, Windows logo, Internet Explorer, Internet Explorer logo are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.

All product names, logos, copyrights, and trademarks mentioned are acknowledged as the registered intellectual property of their respective owners.

Prospective Advertisers are welcome to contact us. Terms can be discussed. For more click Advt Policy. If you wish to contact me, you can do so at: happyandyk at hotmail dot com.

This site is not affiliated in any way, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation.

Wherever required and possible, I have quoted the sources. Microsoft, its Websites, the Knowledge gleaned from its Forums and its Knowledge Bases have been an important influence and an inspiration, which has gone in making this website. What I have learnt, I wish to share; For I believe, Knowledge Grows Only When It Is Shared ! But nevertheless, if you believe that any copyright infringement exists on this Website, rest assured it has been caused inadvertently. Please send us an email along with the details. It would be dealt with, utmost attention and the matter addressed to promptly.

Again, it is always best to create a System Restore Point before trying anything new. While I may not have mentioned it, where required, you may have to ‘Log In As Administrator‘ or ‘Run As Administrator‘, to carry out or execute particular tasks.

Articles on The Windows Club, may be carried on, to other web sites, forums, or blogs provided that, you include a clear link back to the original article URL link. eg : Source – Windows Club.

SOURCE

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
At some point, I did run into that site, it was awhile back, and I never returned.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It is a FF clone. Everything works just as in FF including themes, extensions, cookie, etc. I'm sticking with it for awhile.
I've just installed it, all of my FF's bookmarks & favorites were there. Amazing! I'll give it a try, to see just how much faster it is.:D

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It is a good browser, but I didn't see the need to have two of the same browser on here. So, I uninstalled it, and it wiped out FF's add ons, bookmarks, etc. Well, even after I reinstalled my add ons and bookmarks, FF itself works fine, but every time I launch FF, it always asks do I want to make it my default browser. Why, I don't know, I've selected it to be default at least 15 times. Looks like I'll have to redownload FF, and start over. What a bunch of crap, it's a different browser (by name), but it's screwed up my FF install. I won't be reinstalling it (Pale Moon), after this experience. It takes time to customize a browser, and I have other important things to do.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Yea... it really isn't that great of a browser. However if you uncheck the little box for "Check to see if FF is your default browser on startup" that should get rid of the annoyance.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
The main thing I want to be sure of, is that FF is my main browser. I suppose that I could uninstall it, save my settings, and reinstall it, then see what happens. I wished that I never installed that browser at all. It's not really that much faster than FF is, if at all.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Finally, I got FF back in order to where it doesn't ask every time if I want it to be my default browser. I had to redownload it, uninstall it, and add everything back. A lot of trouble to try out a cloned browser.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Well... that's what it's all about here in the "wonderful world of personal computing"!

Experiment, try, curse, enjoy, etc.

Reaction score
That sure was a PITA for you cat. Pale Moon does load a bit quicker then FF and does not have the annoying habit that FF is showing of defaulting to a search engine I don't use on every start up. PM seems to have all the settings I have in FF so I'll keep using it, wont risk deleting after your expereince.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I just don't understand, why two of the same exact browser? I'm a FF fan and user myself. But why waste resources on this, when the money could be better spent in R&D for the next FF? Which, by the way, is already here for download. FF 3.6.4 RC. And I really didn't notice a difference in speed, although I didn't use a stopwatch on it. If FF wants to switch names, fine. But that's like having two IE8's, or two Google Chrome's. A waste of valuable resources.

Reaction score
Don't have an answer for you except what they say in their home page. Changes under the bonnet perhaps. They said they've removed some features and tweaked it for Windows environment.
On my machine at least it does load pages a bit quicker and certainly loads faster when I first start it. Don't know or care why, it just does.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I know that it says that, but I've seen no noticeable difference. Mabye you need higher internet speeds than I for it to be faster. The only thing it did for me (or rather, to me) was when I decided to remove it, it screwed FF up, too. I had to uninstall and reinstall FF, just to fix the screw ups. If any of you wants to keep it, by all means, do so. It's your computer, and you can have whatever you want on it. FF serves me well, so I'll continue to use it. BTW, have any of you tried the new beta yet? I haven't, but getting ready to.

Reaction score
I can spare the space. It's no biggy for me to keep it on here. I'll avoid the issues you had if I don't try to uninstall it.

Ask a Question