SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

Reaction score
can someone link me to a tutorial of how to use the windows 7 profession 64 bit iso to upgrade from windows 7 professional 32bit?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Switching from 32 to 64-bit is not an upgrade. You must completely reinstall.

Make sure you have the product key, back up all your data to a separate drive using windows easy transfer or another backup tool, format the hard drive, and reinstall W7 64bit & all your programs, then restore your data.

Reaction score
All digitalrivercontent was down...
Anyone can help to share the win7 64bit "X17-59297.iso" to me or pm me?

Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
If anyone has the ISO for Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit "X15-37379.iso" I would appreciate it if they can share it...digital river is down and microsoft is giving me the message code "715-123130". It doesn't recognize my activation code since Windows 7 was installed OEM.

Reaction score
Thank you for the awesome thread!

Goal: Making windows 7 disk

Problem: Can't see to find an ISO copy anywhere!
Did download one from this website: (getintopc softwares operating-systems windows-7-ultimate-free-download-iso-32-64-bit), but the SHA1 didn't match, but could that be because it already had SP1 in it? The system wouldn't let me put in a link because I have not been a member for more than 2 days so that is link with the slashes and other things removed.

Efforts:
-Through my toshiba "recovery media creator", I no longer have a partition for which it was looking
-Through windows recovery and backup
-Microsoft downloads (no digital river anymore, and the software recovery page, something wrong with their key reader)
-A bazillion forums

Questions: (3)
1. Is there a way to extract the files needed from my current install to create a windows 7 disk?
2. Is the ISO I downloaded a viable option: (getintopc softwares operating-systems windows-7-ultimate-free-download-iso-32-64-bit)
3. I do have a system backup image created on an external hard drive from last year, could we make a disk from that?

Thank you everyone for your efforts ahead of time!
LIOTB

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
1. no
2. not sure what that file is, burn the ISO to a DVD (or to USB if you have a tool to extract it) to see what it is. Sounds like it may be the W7 Ult DVD although normally 32-bit is one DVD and 64-bit is another.
3. no you can't make a W7 DVD but you can always just reinstall your entire system from the image

Reaction score
1. no
2. not sure what that file is, burn the ISO to a DVD (or to USB if you have a tool to extract it) to see what it is. Sounds like it may be the W7 Ult DVD although normally 32-bit is one DVD and 64-bit is another.
3. no you can't make a W7 DVD but you can always just reinstall your entire system from the image
Thank you for the help and your time!

It seems silly that we can't simply make a back-up copy of windows with just a click. That's just not right or smart.

Anyway thanks again and God bless,
LIOTB

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
An image is better because it not only includes the OS but also all the programs you have installed

Reaction score
Hey TM,

thank you for the follow up.That's true, but I just want to make sure I have a clean copy around just to make sure. I was able to find a clean copy today.

Thank you much!
LIOTB

Reaction score
My hard disk failed recently and all I could get out of it was a partial C: drive of which I have only the token and xrm-ms files. Is it possible to restore the OS activation with them even if I dont have the Key ??
Is thereanything else I can do ?
Please help and thanks in advance

Reaction score
Go to Microsoft's web site and then navigate to the software download page software-download and then to the Win7 page /Windows7

Sorry, I can't post the actual link.

"Official" Microsoft site. You can get Win8 and Win10. Be forewarned. You need an activation key but the verification app hasn't been working since Sept 1.

Reaction score
hi
when clicked any of downloads above, i was given a pop of "Take Office home for just Rs 600.00" and i was not able to download.can anyone plese help me how to download the above trial version.

thanks
venkatesh

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You might try the links on Softpedia but be careful of any extra links on the site and I recommend you check the hash value of any ISO you download versus known hash values from the original Microsoft ISOs to be sure it has not been tampered.

Reaction score
I have a genuine activation code for X17-03424-02. Will any of the ISOs on page 1 work?

Ask a Question