SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
With a download manager you should be able to have it resume.

Reaction score
Yes, I eventually managed to download a copy.

I don't know it this has been mentioned before in this thread, but my serial only worked with the same language version. I have an Italian copy of Windows 7 Pro x86 and it didn't work with the English version (still pro), but it worked with the Italian 64-bit one.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I can only guess the English version was incomplete or damaged in the download because the key should be independent of the language

Reaction score
I see. The installation completed, though. It said something about the SKU not being compatible with the key.

Reaction score
j0ndafr3ak I have the same problem as you do. No way I can download the iso file at one point it stops, even when I use download manager. How did you manage to dowload a copy ? I am looking for
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know exactly. Here's what I did. I installed Mipony and added the link to the file to download. it stopped at some point around 80%. I had set the pc to turn off either the download completed or failed after a number of attempts to resume it (30 attempts by default). When I got back home, I powered the pc on and found out the download had stopped. Once I opened Mipony, the download resumed and finished.

here's what you may want to do. Start downloading the file. When it gets stuck, reboot the machine (I don't know if just restarting Mipony will work) and reopen Mipony with the partial download. It should start automatically. If it doesn't, start it yourself.

I hope this will help you out. I didn't really do much myself. it just went through...

Reaction score
First time poster but frequent returner as I used these iso's for all my win7 installs!

I'm trying to reinstall windows 7 home premium 64bit with the original oem cdkey it came with on to my asus laptop that I recently installed an ssd too.
I click to download the win7 home premium 64bit from the Windows 7 SP1 Media Refresh (SP1-U) post like I always did but now I'm getting an error
http://microsofthup.com/hupus/error404.html then directed to microsoft's own website which never happened before? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

It asks for my cd key and when entered it just says it was already redeemed and to contact the manufacturer.

Now the odd bit is that I actually just used the win7 pro 86x link for use on my htpc a couple of days ago, that same link is now getting that error?
Any Idea what to do? The win7 home prem 64bit in the first post downloads fine but I don't want to mess around with all the updates if it can be avoided..

Thanks!

Reaction score
I haven't read all posts in this thread but the download links provided don't seem to be working anymore. They take me to this page: http://microsofthup.com/hupus/error404.html
There I can click on "Windows Download". Before downloading a Windows version I need to enter my product key. Then it says the key is not recognized or authorized for this download. I have a newly purchased OEM version of Win7 Home Premium 64bit. I haven't activated it yet.
Am I doing anything wrong? According to older posts, the downloads should be working with OEM versions.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
We'll have to see if anything changes but for now it does look like Microsoft/Digital Rivers are trying to control/limit the downloads by redirecting to that new page and forcing people to enter a product key. Unfortunately this may mean many users will not be able to download, for instance OEM keys are probably not accepted as Microsoft directs OEM requests to the OEM provider.

We do not control the files here at W7Forums so unfortunately if it does not work for you there is nothing we can do to help.

Reaction score
Guess I'll ask the next commonly ask question, where else can we find SP1 isos?
Or is there an easy way with using the iso's on the first page and getting them to sp1 without many updates.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
1. Legally, I don't know of any way besides buying them on eBay and hoping it is legitimate or if you are OEM you can probably buy it from the computer manufacturer.

2. If you have the (non-SP1) W7 Installation ISO/DVD you can download the SP1 Service Pack from Microsoft and install that after ... even then you will have 2 or 3 years of updates beyond that.

Reaction score
What a shame. I really can't understand why your purchase of Win7 should be limited to one language. On Mac, you can easily change the OS language even after the install as many times as you wish...

Reaction score
1. Legally, I don't know of any way besides buying them on eBay and hoping it is legitimate or if you are OEM you can probably buy it from the computer manufacturer.

2. If you have the (non-SP1) W7 Installation ISO/DVD you can download the SP1 Service Pack from Microsoft and install that after ... even then you will have 2 or 3 years of updates beyond that.
Reconnected the old hdd from the laptop I just replaced with an ssd. It had an win7 64bit pro iso on it as I just used it for my htpc so atleast I'm covered for my thinkpad and that computer.
I never really did windows updates as I hated how they would stop you from shutting down and more often then not, they caused problems. Is there no difference between doing the non sp1 install then getting sp1 through that and the refresh? ie: space saved or something?

Reaction score
Someone help me please

I can't find any valid Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 download links to download from , even I contacted Microsoft support by phone and web, they verified my key as retail but they seem they don't have ideas .

I've tried this webpage :http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery
and an error message came out "We encountered a problem with the product key you provided. Please visit the Microsoft Support Contact Us page for assistance. Refer to Message Code 715-123130 "

please if anyone could provide me a valid link to the genuine Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 iso would be appreciated ...

cheers

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
01philip01 said:
Is there no difference between doing the non sp1 install then getting sp1 through that and the refresh?
Yes there is a difference ... at least one extra hour because you have to install the old version and then install the Service Pack whereas SP1 version has them already integrated.

DADER said:
Someone help me please
This question is asked and answered just a few posts up. There is nothing we can do but you might try getting the original W7 (without SP1) and then installing the SP1 Service pack as an alternative

Reaction score
This is so frustrating. On January 21, 2015 I wanted to do a clean install just to refresh my 2 year old computer. It helped a lot getting old junk out and stuff reset. I then decided it was time to upgrade to Ultimate to utilize my 32GB RAM, get the German UI and have BitLocker, to name a few.

On January 22, 2015 I purchased the Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Anytime Upgrade. (Upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit) I really wanted an installation disc in case of needing to reinstall Windows, being with MS products that happens. LOL

When trying to install Visual Studio 2013 Pro with Update 4 and, especially Adobe CS5.5 Master Collection, I got a few errors. Thank God I made a system image before this. BUT, in order to install CS5.5 correctly, it suggested I change a few security permissions. After the system image restore, I am not sure if all the permissions were reset-doesn't seem like it, but I dunno...I still need to reinstall VS and CS5.5 but want to make sure all is very okay by fresh reinstall...

I tried all your links, tried some other links I foundm and also cannot download 7 Ult anywhere. I was on the phone before finding this site for about 1.5 hours between MS store and being transferred to Tech Support (4-5 people/transfers) and store says sorry sold out of media discs and Tech Support said sorry, without a reference number can't help, then said even if I got the reference number they cannot help me without a media disc. Well, DOH! IF I had a media disc, I would NOT need their help, now would I? Almost in tears...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you did an anytime upgrade then you cannot use the ultimate edition even if you could find it. Because you did an Anytime Upgrade you must always reinstall Home Premium and enter your original Home Premium product key, then once that completely installs you reapply your Anytime Upgrade key. You can never just install Ultimate.

So if anything you need W7 Home Premium SP1 (assuming you know your original product key) and, as was already stated above, these links are, at least for now, no longer working.

Reaction score
Hi Trainable Man,

Thanks for the QUICK response :)

And sorry to bother you but I am trying hard to find answers. I am about comatose from reading page after page on MS Community and all the sites out there. This one seems like I might be able to get this figured out.

Well sure I have my W7 Home Premium SP1 disc and key, as I did a fresh reinstall on January 21th. I did the Anytime upgrade on Jan 22.

I can see what you are saying about having to install W7 HP SP1 first as the upgrade is built onto it. Correct?

But here's where I get confused: How will I get it to actually upgrade to Win 7 Ult again? I know you can change product key on the Computer properties page but...Will it ask for my disc again or...I mean, if you go to the anytime upgrade page, they are only showing Windows 8.1 now...so I cannot see how I will get the Ultimate stuff back.

All I know is MS Tech support only told me one thing and that is if I could get my hands on someone's full retail Windows 7 Ult disc, I could reinstall it, as long as I used my Anytime Upgrade product key, activate it. That's why I thought this unobtainable .iso would work?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You cannot activate a fresh install of Ultimate with an Anytime Upgrade key.
How will I get it to actually upgrade to Win 7 Ult again?
You install Home Premium with your Home Prem product key and you activate it, then you go to the control panel > Anytime Upgrade and enter your Anytime upgrade key, same as you did before, to end up back at Ultimate.

Reaction score
Ah, all right

Maybe I better do this tomorrow then, before they do completely wipe 7 off the map. I was truly afraid to try that after listening to the reps over the phone...the way the one gal said they are only supporting 8.1 (not even 8) anymore and the tech saying I need to find a disc or I am out of luck.

Thank you!

Ask a Question