No post screen help blarghh

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score

NO! Stay away from it. It's only a 2 pipe heatsink and the price is way too low in my opinion. Plus it has those darn push-pins... I hate those, try to find one that uses a backing plate, you'll get a better cooler to CPU contact and less problems of warping or cracking you motherboard.

Stick with name brand CPU coolers only! As the old saying goes: The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Much better cooler here, and since you're using, I think, a Celeron CPU this should be sufficient for your needs. Gets pretty good reviews too.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Xigmatek-CPU...03054335?pt=AU_Components&hash=item4aa56e60ff

Plus it's a better mounting setup even though it doesn't use a backplate. Four out of Five stars at Newegg ratings.

Reaction score
Yes! Doing a DOS flash BIOS update is the best, safest, surest way to update the BIOS firmware. I use a USB external floppy just for that purpose when I work on peoples computers.
will you be able to help me find the files necessary i havent used dos flash b4 :)

Reaction score
i downloaded the bios update from gigabyte it has autoexe.bat, flash 893.exe and 8i9pdu2.ff what do i do with these files do i have to use a certin utility to put them onto a floppy or even a usb??

Reaction score
ok i just put the psu on another mobo an older 20pin one right and it worked!. cpu heated up and all so my problem must be the cpu because my current mobo has power going to all the fans connected to the mobo and the gpu an cpu fans come on so there is power to the board. and i found out that with my older gigabyte bord if ther is a cpu in but no ram it beeps but if there is no cpu and no ram it doesnt and i assume that gigabyte kept the same sort of set up with all the newer boards?

Reaction score
well i guess im off to go cpu shopping lol -crys- owell it had crappy performance anyways ...any suggestions of cpus if any 1 finds a good one on ebay send me a message :)

-cries-

A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME !!

Ask a Question