Reaction score
Hello everyone,I am new to this forum and I hope to find it useful. Not all forums are equal as I have not had satisfying results with all of them. Anyway I would like to say right now I have no intention of ever downgrading to Windows10. After the W8 debalcle I am very skeptical. I hope MS does not force the issue like my android phone forced me from Ice cream to jelly bean.Anyhow Windows7 is the best OS I have encountered I like it and want and need to keep it. Well thats my two cents worth.Later

Reaction score
Hi Richard Just joined here myself this morning and was delighted to see another Skeptic! Thought I would check it out, see if anyone had thoughts about W10. Guess what? Your the only one I have found here. Makes some kind of sense, I suppose.... a forum about W7 and all that jazz.

Apart from XP which I used happily on an old PC and a few others over the past 18 or so years, I have too am happy with W7 and don't want to be steered into W10 against my will. After those annoying 'Window 10' ads I found out about a 'certain' Control Panel created by a blogger and use that. (Seems I can't put a link here because I haven't posted yet or been here for at least 2 days - fair enough.) This forum refers to a 'sneaky URL or anything that looks like it' so I have removed the whole reference now! Hope it lets me post this reply eventually.

There's loads of information about W7 versus W10 out there and my overall impression is 'they can keep it!!!'

Being closer to 70 than 17 (and female ;-) you may not want to hear 'my two cents'. My smart phone (also Android) is too smart for me because I don't need the internet but I was going abroad last xmas and wanted to keep in touch. Strange but true; I Just want to MAKE PHONE CALLS or text (WhatsApp). Old fashioned, I guess. But when others start forcing me to do what they want....... enough said ....... meantime, can't fight Google either .... but I try. At the tender age of 50, having bought my first PC which cost a fortune, it took me almost a year to gather the confidence up to go onto the internet and I have been totally fascinated ever since !

Reaction score
I have W7HP on one partition, W10H on another. 7 is my main OS, 10 is just a silly wannabe that I tinker with.

To keep 7 from 'upgrading' to 10, open updates and if KB3035583 is already installed, uninstall it then hide it. That keeps 7 as 7, for me at least.

Ask a Question