New guy needs help w\ flash player

Reaction score
Got the Windows 7 upgrade for my Alienware. Its the 64 bit upgrade, I elected the 64 bit Internet Explorer. I even swiched to FireFox. Some of my military training is done on line, which uses Adobe Flash player. I know 7 does not support Flash player. How do I change the Internet Explorer back to 32 bit, and what are the pro's and con's..

Thanks Mark

Reaction score
Thanks. Did it. Firefox does not support the web site. I just need to go to this web site in IE, but I still need to switch back to the 32 bit.

Reaction score
Sorry. Firefox does not support the military web site I need to go to for my training. I did down load the adobe flash player. Sorry for the confutation, thanks. What I need to do is use IE for that web site, but again I'm using 64 bit IE not 32 bit IE. Again Sorry my Bad.

Mark

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Your 64 bit Windows 7 has an Internet Explorer for 32 bit and 64 bit. It should be somewhere on your Start Menu but if you can't find it, Open your Windows Explorer and Click on your C: drive. You will see several folders, two of which have almost the same name Program Files and Program Files (x86)

Look in the Program Files (x86) directory for the Internet Explorer folder. You want the file named iexplore.exe. You can just double-click to open and Voila you have the 32 bit IE. Or better yet make a shortcut to your desktop for this file to save doing these steps in the future

Ask a Question