SOLVED New computer, what do I eliminate and...

Reaction score
OK, got 'em. Thanks. Still need to figure out what to eliminate.

Reaction score
Did a quick look-through in the pdfs and there's no indication of software installed other than the OS.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I'd look in your Programs and Features (The Old Add or Remove). On a clean install that should be empty/only have C++ 2004, 2007, 2010 and any dotNets that you may have as "extras".

Anything else needs looking into.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Are you saying to uninstall all of these?
No, I'm saying those are the things you should well see.

If you had something like "Pink Flamingo Graphics Dubriefier" then that is what you should be looking into (made up name by the way!!).

Reaction score
I don't see anything like that, but there's bound to be extraneous crap in my list and though I've done some searching, I can't find decent evaluations of this stuff, especially the HP add-ons. I looked in another Windows 7 forum and there were a couple of fellas who asked this same question regarding HP, but I couldn't see any specifics in the thread, i.e., "uninstall this, keep this." I'm afraid if I uninstall something it'll affect something else and I'll break my computer again.

I'm still trying to learn, but with so much going on in my life, it's a hard row. Just tell me what to jettison and I'll get on.

Reaction score
Well, my computer is upstairs, I have a roaring fire going and I'm sweating like pig. It's just after 6 PM, too early to go to bed, but I'm stuck with this stupid machine until I can clean it up.

Btw, I don't like lighting a fire, but it's part of acting "normal" around here. This house is almost always cold downstairs so when I stoke the fireplace, downstairs is cozy, but up here it's a bit toasty. Unfortunately, this is where I do most of my work these days, but not much is getting done because I can't move forward on this machine. The programs are listed earlier in the thread.

For a game publisher and internet marketer, what should I keep and what should I uninstall? I guess Nibs hasn't been around 'cause I don't have any PMs.

I found some specifics on another forum.

Last edited:

Ask a Question