New Computer Builder Need's Help !!!

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the procedure for updating the bios. Can it be done from a 2.0 gb. flash drive ?
You would still need a video signal from the computer, so you could see what you was doing.

You may need to call your motherboard manufacturer and tell them all you have tried.

Reaction score
One last thing to try would be to boot with only the built in GPU, otherwise take a hammer to the motherboard and buy a good quality board - I would highly recommend Gigabyte. I have a Gigabyte MA-790GPT-UD3H in my gaming system with 8GB DDR3 1333MHz and a stock 4890, everything is smooth.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
No, I haven't updated the bios. I've currently got the updated bios and drivers saved on this eMachines T6534 computer. I'm not sure how to do it. Especially, when all I get on the LCD's screen is something like No Connection or something like that.
When I tried getting it to boot off my Windows 7 x68 & x64 disks it wouldn't work, so I tried for the heck of it to see if maybe the motherboards disk would work. It didn't.
I'm not sure of the procedure for updating the bios. Can it be done from a 2.0 gb. flash drive ?
Have you checked the monitor's "Source" setting? You should have a choice of either VGA (D-Sub connection), DVI (Digital connection) or maybe even HDMI connection.

One time I bumped my monitor's "Source" button by accident and kept getting the "No Connection" showing on the screen. Called the monitor's maker tech support and that's the first question he asked me. Clicked it and it worked!

I felt like a complete n00b! Never occurred to me to check that.

Check the monitor's manual and see if that's it. Some monitors have a separate "Source" button, others it's in the "Menu" button.

Reaction score
Monitor works fine

The monitor is a old Dell 17" LCD 2005 era or earlier. It's currently working fine as I type this. I'm getting a new wide screen monitor, but not until new computer is usable.
Have you checked the monitor's "Source" setting? You should have a choice of either VGA (D-Sub connection), DVI (Digital connection) or maybe even HDMI connection.

One time I bumped my monitor's "Source" button by accident and kept getting the "No Connection" showing on the screen. Called the monitor's maker tech support and that's the first question he asked me. Clicked it and it worked!

I felt like a complete n00b! Never occurred to me to check that.

Check the monitor's manual and see if that's it. Some monitors have a separate "Source" button, others it's in the "Menu" button.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I sincerely believe you have a motherboard issue going on here. It's really the only reasonable explanation, at least it appears that way.

Have you tried another brand of motherboard?

Is there a way you could try a different one and see what happens?

Where did you get this ECS motherboard and is it a local retailer?

Reaction score
Not at this time

I don't have access to another motherboard at this time. I can't afford another one anytime soon. I got it from Amazon.
I sincerely believe you have a motherboard issue going on here. It's really the only reasonable explanation, at least it appears that way.

Have you tried another brand of motherboard?

Is there a way you could try a different one and see what happens?

Where did you get this ECS motherboard and is it a local retailer?

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
You could send it back to Amazon and get credit for it, then get a different motherboard.

Is there a local computer shop where you live where they can test the motherboard for you and see if it's defective?

Reaction score
Not a trusworthy one

I'm definitely going to return it to Amazon, if different memory doesn't solve the problem. As far as a nearby computer shop. The only one near me, I would never use again. There was a bad rainstorm in my area a little over a year ago. All the houses got flooded and it fried the motherboard in that computer. I took it into the shop for a new motherboard. What I got back was a different case. They siad new motherboard didn't fit in my case. New motherboard was same exact size. My original case was better. 1/2 my r.a.m. was stolen and I got the computer back with a Pentium 4 3.2 ghz. c.p.u. My c.p.u. was a Pentium 4 3.4 ghz. No, I'll never use that place again. To top it off that motherboard they put in only worked for 2 1/2 months and they wouldn't do anything about it. That's exactly why I'm building my own p.c. , with exactly what I want and need.
You could send it back to Amazon and get credit for it, then get a different motherboard.

Is there a local computer shop where you live where they can test the motherboard for you and see if it's defective?

Ask a Question