SOLVED Network Printer

Reaction score
I have a small network consisting of a Desktop (XP), a laptop (XP), a laptop (Linux) and another laptop (win7ultimate). The desktop is sharing a HP 2210 printer. All the machines except the Win7Ultimate can connect to it and print. I tried the way of making a virtual local port also to see if I could connect, but that doesn't work.
Any suggestions. Error message in screen-shots attached.
I tried turning Windows Firewall off and got the same as shown in screenshots.

Thank you for reading this.

Attachments

Reaction score
Try simple things first. It says Access Denied, so it could be a user problem.

In order to remove this as a possible cause, try creating a user account on both computers called test, with the password as test on two of the computers.

Log onto the new test account on both computers. Share the printer. Attempt to print.

You should have no Access Denied errors. If this is correct and it prints OK then you need to create an account on the desktop with the printer attached which is a clone of the account you're printing from. For example:

You are printing from your laptop. Let's say your account is User and your password is Secret.

Create a user account on the printing desktop with the username as User and the password as Secret.

I have solved many Access Denied printing and sharing problems using this method.

Hope it helps.

Ask a Question