SOLVED Need help with crash dump blue screen

Reaction score
The 3.5:10 ratio that TorrentG mentioned is equal to the 1:2.85 ratio.

Divide or multiply both the 3.5 and 10 by the same number for an equivalent ratio.
In this example we will divide by 3.5 to get 1:2.85 ratio.

The 1:2.66 is the closest value to that ratio.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i tried googling the BIOS settings but still cant seem to find many answers. a couple message boards even said that later versions of msi drivers dont allow users to modify memory timing/ratios

i am currently looking for the latest version of drivers for my motherboard (version 1.7)

after installing those, hopefully i will have the option to change the settings to the ones you specified

Reaction score
ah i see. ok thank you!

i will try that out and cross my fingers

Reaction score
For the heck of it, set it to 1:4 then post a screen shot of CPU-Z.

I just want to see what it shows like this.

Reaction score
ok will do. just played a game for about 25-30 minutes. it froze and crashed after that, but my cpu didnt crash this time! making progress :)

Reaction score
i tried setting the FSB/RAM to 1:4, but windows wouldnt even start.

at startup, i received a warning that said "Your attempt at overclocking failed" in red text or something similar to that. since my computer wont even start under the 1:4, i then set it to 1:3.33

i have attatched the CPU-Z screenshot at the 1:3.33 setting

Attachments

Reaction score
ok so i figured out how to change the memory timing in the BIOS settings.

changed to 9-10-10-25, as reccommended before @ 1:1.26 ratio

seems to be working a little better now. included are the CPU-Z SPD readings from my current config

let me know if these readings appear to be ok. ill try running another game tomorrow to see if it crashes.

thank you TorrentG and clifford_cooley so much for all your help!! i dont think i EVER would have been able to figure this out on my own

Attachments

Reaction score
You recent screen shots are of the spd tab which always stays the same. We have to look at the memory tab, so post a screen shot of that, instead.

Reaction score
The memory is slightly underclocked, but that may be actually as close as it can be set anyhow. Probably not, but still, heh heh. The difference in real-world use is so little that it isn't going to have any effect. Again, very slight.

So I very much advise to leave it as is, enjoy, because I really don't think you will experience the crashes any longer.

Of course, please keep us updated in a few days or so if things are still going well or not.

Reaction score
i definitely will. i just got home from work so i havent been able to test it yet but im sure youre right.

once again, thank you and cooley for all your help :)

Reaction score
i tested out a game on highest settings at 1280x760 resolution. played smoothly throughout for about 45 minutes before quitting.

for once i quit the game before the game quit me! :)

seems to be running fine so far. ill let you know if that changes.

Ask a Question