SOLVED My mouse is shot!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yeah ,us lefties have to adapt. I have more dexterity useing a mouse with my right hand then I would with me left.
Off topic a bit but even today there is huge discrimination for left handers. Power tools being a good example.. Sure you can buy some left hand specific items but at a premuim.
That's going to be a problem when my keyboard needs replacing, I want one of those "comfort" ones, but all that I see are for right handers. Seems like the southpaws are left out, even though we're growing in number.

Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
A typical ergonomic keyboard is just warped a little in the middle to a V-shape; what difference would it make left or right? Or are you saying you want a keyboard with the number pad and the home/Ins/Del/End/arrow keys on the left-hand of the typewriter keys?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I've just read the descriptions of them. Really, I don't even know how much, if any difference it would make. The only thing that I know about those ergonomic keyboards is what I see in the ad & description of it.

As far as the keys goes, and where they are, looks the same to me. I don't believe that I'd want to relearn where the keys are, as I'm used to them being where they are. I've been using them since 1993, changing the layout would only serve to confuse me (and many others, too).

I do see your point, but the ads ought not to say one hand or the other, if it makes no difference. That only serves to confuse the shopper, a keyboard isn't the same as a baseball mitt is.

Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Since I am not a touch typist, even after 30 years in front of a keyboard, the ergonomic keyboards I have tried are more nuisance than convenience for me. You should really go to a Best Buy or other computer store and put your hands on one before you decide to invest in one.

Now here is a truly different keyboard for "lefties" that actually has tilted keys. Something like this you would probably find hard to try-before-you-buy because I doubt many places would have them. That definitely looks like it would have a "different" feel, plus learning the number pad on the left, and the odd formation of Ins/Del/arrow keys - this keyboard comes with a major learning curve!

Or how about some of these weird keyboards

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I would rather stick with a plain old keyboard, rather than use what I saw on those pages. At least I can get a good Logitech one for a fair price.

And I'm not on here as much as I once was, anyway. About two hours normally, my shoulders and neck goes to hurting, and I just have to walk away from the computer altogether. The pain is too severe to force myself to go on.

Cat

Reaction score
I used to have a Microsoft ergonomic KB. I liked it, it encourages you to use both hands equally and although I'm not a touch typist I did find myself using more fingers on the board.

Ask a Question