Multiple monitor problem

Reaction score
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce 260GTX (GV-N260C-896I)
Primary Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster P2370
Extended Monitor: Sony 52" TV

The Samsung monitor is identified as "2", how do I change it to "1" in the display settings?

I have tried the 260GTX drivers from nvidia.com and gigabyte website but it still doesn't work. My windows is fully updated.

Reaction score
Hi naroka - Welcome to w7forums

Can you right click on the moniter being identified as 2 and set as default monitor?
Or in the option boxes, select the second monitor then look for a "Set to default" monitor option.

I don't currently have two monitor's setup so I can't check but I have seen those settings before.

Reaction score
Thank you.

Yes I have changed the Samsung to the default monitor in the display settings, but it still does not change the Samsung to be identified as "2".

Therefore whenever I want to display the Samsung monitor, I have to use the display shortcut-key "windows key + P" and choose the 4th option where it says something like "display projector".

Reaction score
Oops, I forgot to mention my card only has 1 DVI port and 1 HDMI.

DVI -> Samsung
HDMI -> Sony TV

Reaction score
Oops, I forgot to mention my card only has 1 DVI port and 1 HDMI.

DVI -> Samsung
HDMI -> Sony TV
Sorry - I tried looking that card up and it appeared there was two DVI port's. :(

Maybe one of the other guys will have a better idea as to switching the Primary Display port.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help mate. That's model number of that card is written on the manual therefore it shouldn't be wrong. I'll recheck it again once I get home from work.

Ask a Question