SOLVED Multimedia keyboard woes...

Reaction score
So, I've just had an entertaining day building and installing my new Win7 HTPC, and for the most part the beast has been brought to heel. I have a rather odd inherited wireless multimedia keyboard with a built-in analogue joystick and mouse buttons which I've been using with a Ps3, but on the grounds that it was a bit unusual I built the system using a bog-standard keyboard and mouse. Once everything was up and running, I connected the multimedia keyboard, which Win 7 happily recognised and set up.
Here's the thing- since it's a portable keyboard, there's no numerical keypad. If you try and type on the thing, you get QWERTY1234- everything from the 'U' to the right is scrambled. Down to the next row it's ASDFGH then numbers again.
I've not yet been able to find any way of specifying this layout as opposed to the country settings, or of setting different settings for multiple keyboards. Of course, I'd be happy enough to use the multimedia board on its own, if using it and a standard keyboard at once is impossible. I've tried starting up with only the multimedia keyboard connected, but no dice.
Any ideas and suggestions would be welcome :)

Reaction score
Ahem

So, I've solved the problem. I wish to point out it was a complicated and difficult solution, and in no way did it involve a 'Num Lock' key. Honest.
:p

Ask a Question