More points coming

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Full_Taoer, I may just go with one of the hybrid HDD's as my boot drive, at least until the SSD's drop in price. $3 to $5 per GB is rather pricey for me.

I'll continue to keep up with the reviews, those hybrid drives looks promising. At first, they're no faster than any other 7200 rpm HDD, but once it gets used to one's usage of the drive, it gets faster.

Thanks for the heads up.

Looking forward to your input, yodap.

Cat

Reaction score
Re-edit:

Woo-hoo I guess it is.
:cool: Welcome to the BigAdv Club!

Did you adjust your clocks anymore? Your TPF is about 3 minutes smaller than mine, giving you about 3K more PPD than I'm making on the same project. The p6900 is one I like to get. It doesn't take as long to finish. The one that will push you closest to the deadline is the p2684, which gave horrible PPD for most everyone until recently. Stanford made an adjustment to the base credit and it seems much closer to the others now. I can make the deadlines on all of them, providing there are no long interruptions (power outages), so I know you can.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
:cool: Welcome to the BigAdv Club!

Did you adjust your clocks anymore? Your TPF is about 3 minutes smaller than mine, giving you about 3K more PPD than I'm making on the same project. The p6900 is one I like to get. It doesn't take as long to finish. The one that will push you closest to the deadline is the p2684, which gave horrible PPD for most everyone until recently. Stanford made an adjustment to the base credit and it seems much closer to the others now. I can make the deadlines on all of them, providing there are no long interruptions (power outages), so I know you can.
No I'm still at 3.6GHz and in fact was folding on a GT 240 at the time for the first couple hours and that was slowing down the Bid Adv. Since the completion of that we've cranked up a bit.

Attachments

Ask a Question