SOLVED Mitsubishi CP 9550-DW Driver Problem

Reaction score
Just started with windows 7 64 bit version. The only thing it will not load is my Mitsubishi CP 9550 printer which is a must for my event photography. Can anyone assist

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
trevormcdon, Welcome to the forums! I had a similar experience in November, when I bought my PC. I have a Dell 720 Photo Printer, I plugged it in and it actually updated, but the drivers would not install. Some printers will not work with Windows 7 at all, 32 or 64 bit. Mine is one of them. What I had to do was leave it installed on my XP laptop. Look it up at the Mitsubishi site, see if they have any Vista drivers that may help. Sometimes they will, sometimes not. If not, and you don't have a second (older) computer, you may need to get a new printer. There are a lot of sales going on for them, I'm considering one myself. The only other possibility that I can think of is if you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, you can download Windows Virtual PC and XP Mode. That may allow you to run your printer. Good luck and keep us posted on how it turns out.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I just looked the printer up at their web site. That's an expensive printer. I noticed that the model # is actually CP 9550-DW, and there's only 32 bit Vista drivers available. It is my hope that you did get the Pro or Ultimate version and can use the Virtual PC with XP Mode. Hang in there, there will be others who may know the answer for you. Looking at the price of that printer, it costs more than many of the systems that I see on here. There is a thread in the software posts titled XP Mode in Windows 7 without Hardware Virtualization. That may help you if you have the Home Premium version of Windows 7. It may even take dual booting with a 32 bit version of XP or Vista to pull it off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi trevormcdon - Welcome to w7forums

As catilley mentioned the vista drivers may work, however all I see are 32-Bit drivers which will not work for a 64-Bit operating system unless you can get the XP drivers to work in "XP Mode" which catilley also mentioned.

Drivers are found here - Mitsubishi Printer Drivers

Reaction score
Printer driver problems

trevormcdon, Welcome to the forums! I had a similar experience in November, when I bought my PC. I have a Dell 720 Photo Printer, I plugged it in and it actually updated, but the drivers would not install. Some printers will not work with Windows 7 at all, 32 or 64 bit. Mine is one of them. What I had to do was leave it installed on my XP laptop. Look it up at the Mitsubishi site, see if they have any Vista drivers that may help. Sometimes they will, sometimes not. If not, and you don't have a second (older) computer, you may need to get a new printer. There are a lot of sales going on for them, I'm considering one myself. The only other possibility that I can think of is if you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, you can download Windows Virtual PC and XP Mode. That may allow you to run your printer. Good luck and keep us posted on how it turns out.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the laptop has come with Home Premium so unless I shell out another £100 to upgrade I cannot get the benefit of XP mode. I stll have my old antiquated laptop so I will have to revery back to it until Mitsubishi get their act sorted. Thankks for yopur input and i will try thre other threads

Trevormcdon

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Try looking up the thread in the software posts that I mentioned earlier. I haven't tried it, but it is said with the program, you can run XP mode with any Windows 7 OS and even Vista. It's good that you have another computer to fall back on, but with some research and exploring all options, you may be able to get your printer working. I hope so, as I understand you need it for your occupation.

Reaction score
Driver problem

Hi Forum

I am more or less confinced that my problem relates to the 32 vs 64 bit issue. To resolve this I am goint ot upgrade to the professional edition. My dilema now is do I go for the 32 bit or 64 bit upgrade.
Regards trevormcdon

Reaction score
Hi trevormcdon

I take it you have decided to try the XP Mode within Windows 7 Professional. I think I should point out that not all processors will support Virtualization. May I ask which processor you are using so that I may check for VT support?

I should also mention that XP Mode is "Windows XP SP3" built into Windows 7 32bit and 64bit. So it really doesn't matter which version of Windows 7 you go with as far as XP Mode is concerned.

Reaction score
Driver Problem

Hi Clifford

The processor is a Pentium (R) Dual Core CPU T4300 @ 2.1 GHz

I have followed the previous links you mentioned and the XP system finds the driver. However when I plug in the printer the XP system cant find the USB connection and the windows 7 always finds it first

Trevormcdon

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I'm having that problem as well. Other than that, it works like any old XP Pro system. I've tried for hours trying to get my simple Dell printer to work on a 32 bit Windows 7, and haven't made any progress. Like you, the printer keeps wanting to install within Windows 7, instead of the virtual machine. I've already removed VMLite from my main (64 bit) PC, as I've already said, I was interested in getting my printer to work on here. Most likely, I'll just buy another printer, but I'm only talking $60 or so. I have two suggestions for you, the first may depend on if you can dual boot a 32 bit OS on a 64 bit system, I don't know the answer to that. But if it's possible, you can setup a Vista or XP 32 bit to dual boot with what you have. The second suggestion would be to either find a fairly new 32 bit Vista laptop, since the drivers are available, or whatever OS that you previously using, go with that. There are actually some new 32 bit XP notebooks on the market, if that would serve your purpose. I or anyone else cannot guarantee you that switching to Pro on your current system would work for you, even if it is a 32 bit. Like I said, I've spent hours trying to get my 32 bit printer going on a 32 bit system, to no avail. I wished I had a perfect answer for you, but unforunately, I don't.

Last edited:

Ask a Question