SOLVED Mitsubishi CP 9550 DW and windows 7

Reaction score
I am an event photographer using above printer - have replaced my laptop and am using windows 7 but cant find a driver for this printer. Any ideas on what to do?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Ruth Leach, welcome to the forum! This printer is still available for purchase, but after reading the spec sheet, XP in the latest OS that it supports. It also supports earlier OS's, too. Is your new laptop a 64 bit one, with a 64 bit Windows 7 installed on it? Most, if not all, are. If so, please respond back, include the following info, the version of Windows 7 that you have (Home Premium or Professional), the amount of RAM that you have, and your bit version (32 or 64 bit). The answers to these questions will help me in determining which direction for you to go. If there are no 64 bit drivers for your printer, you will need to install a virtual machine (VM) on your laptop. There are free ones. In the meantime, I'll research further as to 64 bit driver availability for your printer. Please post back the requested info, and I'll see what I can do to help you.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Ruth, after further researching, there are no 64 bit drivers available for your printer. They do give a tech support number, 888-307-0309. You may have already tried going through this. If you have, and can still get no help, please post the info that I requested above.

Reaction score
Driver problem

Thanks for the advice, have contacted Systems Insight uk where I purchased the printer and they have sent me a link to the driver.:)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Ruth, I'm glad that you found a solution without having to go the VM route. Many have no other choice, or to find an older laptop to run their hardware on. I'm glad you don't have a Canon, you would be out of luck. I hope the best for you, and should you ever need assistance, feel free to come back anytime.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, have contacted Systems Insight uk where I purchased the printer and they have sent me a link to the driver.:)
Customer Service wins again! Glad your supplier was able to get you fixed up.

Ask a Question