Missing Drivers....Help

Reaction score
In device manager there is are three items with a missing driver. One is called "SM Bus Controller," the other is "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller," and the last is "Officejet J6400 Series." I've attached photos. My printer works fine and I have just installed the latest driver software for my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti. Are the drivers current, but not being recognized for some reason? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
"SM Bus Controller" & "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller" are related to your motherboard and should be gotten from the manufacturer. You didn't list the make model of your computer nor the motherboard which makes it impossible to point you to the drivers to download.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
You need to install chipset drivers for your mobo.

Reaction score
"SM Bus Controller" & "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller" are related to your motherboard and should be gotten from the manufacturer. You didn't list the make model of your computer nor the motherboard which makes it impossible to point you to the drivers to download.
My computer is a custom build from the ground up. Here are my components....

ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

EVGA 02G-P4-3660-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Intel 520 Series Cherryville SSDSC2CW240A3K5 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Western Digital WD Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High

COOLER MASTER GeminII S524 120mm Long Life Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel 2011/1366/1155/775 and AMD

CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0

Rosewill RNX-N150PCx PCI 2.2 Wireless Adapter

Bose® Companion® 2 Series II Multimedia Speaker System

3 Acer S220HQLAbd Black 21.5" 5ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitors

I am on the ASUSTek section on the website where I can download/install drivers, but I don't know which one I need... http://support.asus.com/download.as...V LK&p=1&s=39&os=30&hashedid=J4TfLoZ8TXyFAkFb

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay, so I managed to fix everything on my own accept for the missing driver for my printer. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Sounds like you figured out the chipset drivers but just to be clear there are 3 versions of the one and you should be using the most recent release date:
GSXR-chipset.jpg

HP Officejet J5400 Drivers
GSXR-printer.jpg
As for the OfficeJet, you have a choice, depending whether you just want the drivers (second one in the list) or whether you want the HP software installed as well (first one in the list). Also, since you said something was already installed for the printer I think before you install your choice it might be a good idea to run the uninstaller first (bottom).

Just a thought: A combination printer/scanner usually installs at least 2 drivers so it is possible you could be seeing either the printer or the scanner side was installed automatically but the other one is what you see as missing. Don't know for sure but if you install one of the first two choices it should give you both printing & scanning.

Last edited:

Ask a Question