Linux - Which distribution?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I'll dabble with Linux but it it STILL too much of a P.I.T.A. to really use on a day-to-day basis. The GUI has been improved dramatically, but to install drivers is a pain. To install some programs is a real pain.

It's just not "user friendly" to say the least. Now there are those out there that swear by Linux, I am not one of those by any stretch.

It is just not very intuitive at all in my opinion.

Reaction score
Just installed Mint 8 (did not know there was a Mint 9 out now) on my computer to get my by (another story) anyway last Mint I used was 6 and I think 8 is a big improvement. This time I can run my Canon printer which was not happy under Mint 6.
I think Linux is not as 'pretty' as either Windows or Mac O/S but it's a very good 'out of the box' O/S for those just wanting straightforward use, nothing too fancy. However if you really like to work 'under the hood' and use root commands then you can do lots with Linux.

Mint 8 is more plug and play then 6 was but no-where near as good as windows yet.

Ask a Question