SOLVED Lexmark printer problem with windows 7

Reaction score
new hp computer has windows 7 home premium 64 bit, it will not let me install my perfectly good lexmark Z715. have consulted HP help, of course they suggest HP printer would solve the problem. is there any way to make this work? I am not highly skilled as far as tech. and am sorry i bought this computer, could have taken it back to walmart if had done so within 15 days, regrets i have a few....

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
At the Lexmark website they say to download and use the Vista drivers for your printer.

Check out the web page HERE

Reaction score
At the Lexmark website they say to download and use the Vista drivers for your printer.

Check out the web page HERE

lexmark website says that they have no driver for this lexmark Z715, thanks for trying to help,looks like i will have to buy a new printer. maybe HP was correct when they said it was too old...

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Lexmark does! It says to use Vista Drivers. Did you go to this web page displayed below

Here's the proof:

Reaction score
lexmark Z715

thanks for answering me, now i cannot determine where thesmall printer cable is to be put in the printer, sorry to be so ignorant. there does not appear to be a place for the square end of the cable. it says the installer is running already, i am SO confused. the printer is plugged in and the on light is lit.

Ask a Question