SOLVED Invalid windows! :o

Reaction score
I was just installing a RealTek driver for an audio device on my motherboard as the previous driver had an updated version I'd found (from Asus website).

Anyway, having reset my computer like you do with some hardware updates etc, when it came back to loading windows I got a message about my copy of windows 7 possibly not being genuine or counterfit? :(

So I clicked ok etc and thought id end up with all those messages like you used to get on XP when you had a conterfit copy. But it seemed normal.
I know ive paid for this copy and got it from a legitimate source (direct from amazon.co.uk - not a seller on the website)

So i reset the computer once more to see if it appeared again, but it didn't!
Was it a 1 off? If it does start messing up, will a simple windows re-install solve it? (as i still have the installation disc and product key etc)

Thanks in advance everyone!

Reaction score
thats says its genuine! thank god! must have been some kind of small glitch in the startup! touch wood i havent seen it again since! :) thanks for the link though!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
The MS Windows website puts the following on the system and marks it genuine. You should be good to go now!

Data collected

Windows Genuine Advantage checks the following components:[13][14]

• Computer make and model
  • BIOS checksum.
  • MAC address.
  • A unique number assigned to the user's computer by the tools (Globally Unique Identifier or GUID)
  • Hard drive serial number.
  • Region and language settings of the operating system.
  • Operating system version.
  • PC BIOS information (make, version, date).
  • PC manufacturer.
  • User locale setting.
  • Validation and installation results.
  • Windows or Office product key.
  • Windows product ID.

Ask a Question