SOLVED Internet explorer?

Reaction score
Sorry it has taken so long, I have to reread many times to understand.
I use Send to to get icons on desktop when I have lots of projects going at once.

I have done my best to follow your insts to clean up my computer. Learned a lot, I was unsure what to do with AdwCleaner and may have unclicked things or clicked things that shouldn't have.
Ran all the scans and Virus scan.

I am now afraid to download anything for fear I will get infected again.
Thanks for help.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There is a "Send To" option in Windows Explorer but it has nothing to do with Internet Explorer; and there is a "SEND > Shortcut to Desktop" option in IE. But an IE RESET should have no effect on either of them so I'm unclear what it is you are missing that you used to have.

AdwCleaner is not one I ever used myself, but it is from the same people that put out RKILL so I trust it and it was recommended so just do your best.

At this point you will need to watch your system, maybe run a full virus scan every few days for a week or so.

Anything you install from the internet is a potential threat; it is important to get it from a reliable source and to read all the options. For a couple weeks I would discourage you from installing any new software/toolbars until you are sure the system is correct.

Reaction score
;)Hi Trainable,
My system seems to be running smoothly so far. I will run the virus scan often and watch what I download. I am almost certain I got the problem from one of the things I downloaded from a magazine. Thanks for you patient assistance!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan.

Free software often incorporates methods to make revenue and they count on most people to accept the defaults including toolbars, extra software, or ads that make them money. Unfortunately CONDUIT is one of the really bad ones. Most of the time you can avoid these extras simply by unchecking boxes on install.

I'm going to mark this as SOLVED but it can be changed back if the trouble returns.

Ask a Question