I.E. not working----

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
He just said he was using 64 bits, but doesn't state whether or not its the browser or the operating system. Only his last post really states much of anything at all, to be honest.

I wish these posters would be more specific about what's going on. They give us only a smidgen of detail and then expect us to become "The Great Karnak" and read their minds!

It's very frustrating to be honest with y'all, we ARE NOT mind readers! How can we help these poor souls when they won't even give us the information to work with?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
He just said he was using 64 bits, but doesn't state whether or not its the browser or the operating system. Only his last post really states much of anything at all, to be honest.

I wish these posters would be more specific about what's going on. They give us only a smidgen of detail and then expect us to become "The Great Karnak" and read their minds!

It's very frustrating to be honest with y'all, we ARE NOT mind readers! How can we help these poor souls when they won't even give us the information to work with?
It can be very tough to work with a lot of posters, although the OP here did give a little info as the thread went on. But some doesn't give any info at all, just types in a short description of the problem, with the rest being a guessing game. There is a place in the CP (control panel) for the members to list their specs, the least that they could do is list the make and model of their computer, the OS that is installed, and any other information regarding the computer, when the problem began, the basics. I agree with you on this issue, Nibiru.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
The reply below isn't related to the OP and is therefore entirely and most intensely off-topic:

I concur... I'm not saying they should fill out their specs profile just because it's there - it would save a lot of time to not have to ask "what's the motherboard model" and then waiting for an answer before being able to do a bit of digging.

What bugs me more is the frequency with which these "should I use 32-bit or 64-bit" threads keep coming up; what is it now, five threads a day or something? It is a valid question and to some extent a big decision, but there have already been numerous threads explaining the differences, and the same goes for how to upgrade or downgrade or switch between platform editions.

I don't mean to be one of those RTFM people who just reply with "read the sticky" when someone asks a question, but jeez. Oh well, what can ya do... If someone registers to ask a question and I tell them to go read some stickies, they'll just get the wrong idea about the friendliness of this forum.

At any rate, these conflicts are just temporary until the industry (and end users) get used to x64 as a standard, and not as some kind of new, weird technology.

Reaction score
I had the same problem with IE,but also with firefox. In retrospect.I think they were related to my system freezing up intermittently. Brand new box I built (3rd one,not a rookie),Asus P55,core i7,4gig Ram. Anyhow,it was freezing up and after going online and finding out its happening a lot ,I tried some of their fixes. It appears to have stopped freezing after I set it to high performance mode and turning off standby. Its been 2 weeks or more since the last lockup. Not sure which tweek helped,since I did them at the same time. Hope this helps.
Great forum You guys are great for helping

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I had the same problem with IE,but also with firefox. In retrospect.I think they were related to my system freezing up intermittently. Brand new box I built (3rd one,not a rookie),Asus P55,core i7,4gig Ram. Anyhow,it was freezing up and after going online and finding out its happening a lot ,I tried some of their fixes. It appears to have stopped freezing after I set it to high performance mode and turning off standby. Its been 2 weeks or more since the last lockup. Not sure which tweek helped,since I did them at the same time. Hope this helps.
Great forum You guys are great for helping
I've had a problem similar to what you're describing once, IE and Firefox was hanging. Turned out there was a wreck down the street and the pole carrying our phone/cable/internet was struck, the cable was still connected, but damaged. Shortly afterwards, we all were without service for two hours. But at first, I thought something was wrong with my computer, I was saying no, not this "freezing" crap. I had already read dozens of these threads on here, and didn't look forward to starting another one.

Reaction score
Tanks for the info, but it froze once this morning,will keep in touch

Reaction score
I agree

I also use mostly IE because Firefox ALWAYS stalls on most websites I visit. If you can't say something nice, zip it up!
Core just because you don't like IE doesn't mean you have to bash IE. I use IE and for the most part I don't have any troubles with it. Those are nice suggestions but please stop bashing what you don't like.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Tanks for the info, but it froze once this morning,will keep in touch
It's possible that you have a "bottleneck" somewhere on your hardware build. I'm not 100% positive of it, but it does at times happen with home built computers. I've seen other threads on this forum, as well as on others regarding this. What I don't know is how to test for the presence of it. Keep us informed as to your progress, and above all, having patience will help you a lot.

Reaction score
IMHO, it has something to do wih adobe add-ons
It's possible that you have a "bottleneck" somewhere on your hardware build. I'm not 100% positive of it, but it does at times happen with home built computers. I've seen other threads on this forum, as well as on others regarding this. What I don't know is how to test for the presence of it. Keep us informed as to your progress, and above all, having patience will help you a lot.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I also use mostly IE because Firefox ALWAYS stalls on most websites I visit. If you can't say something nice, zip it up!
Glad to hear IE is working well for you. Everyone's system is different, and what works for one may not work for the other.

Reaction score
Re:

Don't misunderstand me, I get thatcrappy message all the time saying IE stopped working, but overall it works better on my 2 systems than Firefox. Regards

Glad to hear IE is working well for you. Everyone's system is different, and what works for one may not work for the other.

KLO

Reaction score
I wanted to let everyone know that I'm not being rude by not getting back to you, my DH and I are both down with the "crud" that is going around our area.

I'll get back to this problem when we're better.

Thank you all.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Don't misunderstand me, I get thatcrappy message all the time saying IE stopped working, but overall it works better on my 2 systems than Firefox. Regards
IE is a decent browser, as long as you don't try to add a bunch of add ons to it. That's why it's hard to find the problems that some are having, is the add ons. I don't use it that often, so when I do use it, there's hardly any add ons getting in the way. I did prefer very much IE7 over IE8, but with Windows 7, that's not an option.

JBG

Reaction score
This thread should be stickied !

I was having the exact same issues. IE would crash DAILY. Drove me up the wall. One of the addons was the cause.

Reaction score
This thread should be stickied !

I was having the exact same issues. IE would crash DAILY. Drove me up the wall. One of the addons was the cause.
Same problem and same solution for me. It was an anti key logging program causing the trouble.:D

Ask a Question