SOLVED How To Slipstream Windows 7 SP1 Into Installation DVD ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Download: WAIK - Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for windows 7 This is a big download - 1706.6MB as an ISO image file to burn to a blank DVD.
What is the purpose of WAIK? There doesn't appear to be an install.
Folder/File listing for WAIK:
  • AMD64 -- [DIR]
  • IA64 - - [DIR]
  • X86 - -- [DIR]
  • COPYPE.CMD
  • PESETENV.CMD
  • SETSANPOLICY.CMD
  • SSSHIM.DLL
I have WAIK downloaded and burned to disk but RT-Lite never ask for it. I see a reference link in the tutorial but the tutorial itself never ask to use it.

Reaction score
I think I found the answer to my problem. WAIK SP1 appears to be an update only to the original WAIK. I think I downloaded WAIK SP1 which does not include the whole package.

Answer found here - WAIK For Windows 7

WAIK Update: WAIK 3.0 as of 2/18/2011 is now available.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response, been working a lot lately.

RT 7 Lite won't ask for it, it is just necessary for WAIK to be installed. Something having to do with the slipstream process.

I hope I didn't confuse you.

Reaction score
I don't know what gives. I have just had the slipstream process fail twice, after about an hour or so into the process. No messages or anything other than the slipstreaming process has failed.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Reaction score
I have decided, I do not care for RT-Lite. The program works fine if you have everything setup just right. If you find you are having issues with the program, good luck on finding out why.

I finally got RT-Lite to work. Now it appears that the image you select at the beginning of slipstream is the only version SP1 is added to. Therefor removing "ei.cfg" will unlock all version but only the image you slipstreamed will be SP1. Trying to slipstream the second version has resulted in another slipstream failure.

This is too time consuming to continue, when it only results in errors without any reasons as to why. I'm gonna have to get my hands on an SP1 disk, so I can unlock all version which include SP1.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do a Win 7 install on my notebook, SP1 is already on the disc.

Would installing WAIK for Windows 7 be a good idea anyway, regardless if I use it or not? Drive space isn't a issue.

And when do I install it, after updating, or before updating, or does it even matter?

Cat

Reaction score
Hi all,

I installed WAIK 3.0 with DISM.

I just integrated SP1 into a legit Win7 image using this method.

However, when i try to clean up the SP1 backup files from the offline image,
even after I committed the changes made onto the image, the following "error report" is shown

Code:
C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing>DISM /image:d:\mounted /cleanup-Image /spsuperseded /hidesp

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Service Pack Cleanup can't proceed: No service pack backup files were found.
The operation completed successfully.

C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\Servicing>
What to do, what to do?? :)

EDIT:

I checked the image version using:
Code:
 dism /get-wiminfo /Wimfile:d:/backup/install.wim /index:1
(and 2 - 3 - 4)

they all rapport that image version = 6.1.7601

When I install win7 on virtualbox, service pack is installed, but I can still remove it by using disk cleanup

Which means that, indeed, I succesfully slipstreamed it, though offline removal doesn't seem to work.

Is there something I did wrong?

kind regards,

Last edited:

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Using the above tools and Tut linked to in the OP (Thanks Nibs) I slipstreamed my Home Premium with SP1. The resulting iso is approx 600mb larger.
Apart from the process of slipping appearing painfully slow I had no problems.
My Win7_HP_SP1_x64.iso ran and loaded up a treat in VirtualBox.

Now, is there anyway to keep WAIK for (very) occasional use without it taking up 1.2Gb of disc space? (Elmer regresses into XP Mode, seems a lot of space for very little use!!)

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
For any who are interested, there are DVD ISO images available online of SP1 integrated into the Windows 7 install. All editions and versions are available.

These are official Microsoft DVD ISOs. Just Google or BING them and you'll find 'em.

No sense wasting time and such when the install DVD ISOs w/SP1 are now available.

I am gonna close this thread now as it has become dated due to the availability of the SP1 ISOs.

You may check here too: http://www.mydigitallife.info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question