SOLVED How to get FOUR versions of Windows 7 x64 from one DVD

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Download the Vista 32bit driver I have attached below. Extract to a folder and the go to the Computer Icon, right click, go to Properties, Device Manager, Network Adapter, Driver, click on update driver, choose have disk and browse to the folder where the driver is. The PDF file in the extracted folder has how install the driver too.

Now it should update, may say "Not Digitally Signed", ignore that continue, then you'll be good.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks as if you have the OEM version. Did your disk come in a rather plain box with square corners on the disc's storage case?

I only know of OEM discs being shipped as singles rather than the set of two with the retail and upgrade versions.

Now the question is, would a product key of an OEM 32 bit version work with an x64 OEM version? For example; a Home Premium 32 bit OEM to Home Premium x64.
I have windows 7 ultimate copy one code for both 64 and 32 bit and the pro versions I have are one code for each bit 64 and my x86 versions. I am unknown about any of the lesser versions upgrade or home.... I am sticking with pro for family and ultimate for my personal and work computers.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Sounds like you're all set! Although most users won't use the features that Pro and Ultimate provide. I personally feel they just spend more money for something they won't use or need. That's just my humble opinion though.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
If you bought this program from a retailer, you should get in touch with them ASAP. You are supposed to get a 32 & 64 bit disc in the box. There is a direct link on this forum to get the disc you need. From the home page, look under installation, setup & updates. There, you will find a post, Windows 7 ISO - Official Download Direct Download Links. Choose the OS that you need, download it. You will need an ISO burner, there are several free ones on the net. Just type "free ISO burner" and you will be shown a page of them. Make your disc and install. Good Luck to you and hope to hear from you afterwards, a happy Windows 7 user.

Reaction score
My Home Premium Family Pack came with 2 disks, a 32bit version and a 64bit version.

Reaction score
It was my understanding that all versions came with 2 disks!

OEM version only come with ONE disk ... either 64 or 32bit. not both.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Many OEM computers have Windows preinstalled and ship with no disks at all. Generally these either have a separate partition with the OS on it for recovery or they encourage the new owner to burn recovery DVDs on the first start-up.

Upgrade and Full Windows 7 versions come with 2 DVDs (one 32, one 64) and a single key so you can choose which one you want to install.

OEM versions are a single disk and one key and you must buy the correct one, either 32 or 64 bit.

Ask a Question