SOLVED How to configure 3D Mark 11 Advanced & PC Mark 7 Advanced

Reaction score
I need some help on how to configure 3D Mark 11 Advanced & PC Mark 7 Advanced for my pc. I'd like to run both tonight while my Phenom 2 965 BE cpu is in my pc. I'd also like to run both again tomorrow, after I put the Phenom 2 1100T BE cpu in that I just recieved.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
What are you having trouble with? The programs are pretty straightforward to use. In the case of 3Dmark, just run the default performance test, and ya can run the extreme test if you really want to push things... results are not comparable between them.

PCMark 7 offers more settings to select, just use what you want to compare. If you want the whole shebang then just tick the boxes next to "common usage" and "hardware components".

Reaction score
Thanks Kougar. I'm new to benchmarking. I basically just want to compare how the pc is with the 965BE and then comapre it to how it is after putting the 1100T BE in.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Let us know how you like the 1100T when you're up and running for a while.:) I'm thinking of upgrading my everyday computer from a Pentium dual-core to that or a Sandy Bridge i5 2500k. (Similar price points.) I would only need 3 components because I have everything else.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So far I like, though other than updating my security software and repeating the 2 benchmarks, I haven't really done anything yet. Here's comparison benchmarks between the 2 cpu's. All are at default setting's and I didn't disable anything in Windows.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did a minor overclock about 2 hours ago. Raised CPU Multiplier from 16.5 to 18.5 and Turbo Core from 18.5 to 19.5. The cpu now run's stable @ 3.7GHz. and Turbo Core is @ 3.9GHz. CPU was 3.3GHz. w/ Turbo Core @ 3.7GHZ. I'll keep that overclock until I get a Corsair H80 in January. Passed AMD OverDrive's Stability Test.

Attachments

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Did a minor overclock about 2 hours ago. Raised CPU Multiplier from 16.5 to 18.5 and Turbo Core from 18.5 to 19.5. The cpu now run's stable @ 3.7GHz. and Turbo Core is @ 3.9GHz. CPU was 3.3GHz. w/ Turbo Core @ 3.7GHZ. I'll keep that overclock until I get a Corsair H80 in January. Passed AMD OverDrive's Stability Test.
Sounds good.
I haven't been able to read your data because I don't have that program installed yet.
So you're on the stock cooler now? What are your temps idle and stressed?

Reaction score
Still using the Zalman CNPS 9900A LED heat-sink. The stock heat-sink is still in the box where it belong's. Temp's according to HWMonitor for the cpu were 51 degrees celcius during OverDrive's stress test and PCMark 7 Advanced's benchmark. As far as 3DMark 11 Advanced, it run's full screen, so I didn't have access to seeing HWMonitor's temp's during it. PC Mark was P4787 Phenom 2 965BE0, Phenom 2 1100T P4921 (stock) and P5004 (overclocked). PCMark 7 Advanced 4004 (Phenom 2 965BE, 4131 Phenom 2 1100T stock and 4211 (Phenom 2 1100T overclocked. All number's are without any Windows Services, startup item's, etc. changed. The overclock one's were also during (e-mail address removed) system tray running. As far as any gaming test's they'll have to wait until February when I get some. Any version of Crysis is out, as I have a personal boycott going agaainst anything EA/EA Sport's sell's due to them not letting you re-activate there game's after o.s. upgrades.

Ask a Question