how do i overcome this email link?

Reaction score
default email client is not properly installed?
sometimes i can right click and get 'copy shortcut' but not allways
i use internet based email - so they wont work!
thanks all

Attachments

Reaction score
You said you use " internet based email" and it does not work.
let's see a screenshot of that "internet based email".

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you go to control panel > default programs, select "associate a file type or protocol with a program", then locate .eml and that will tell you if any program is assigned to handle email extensions. Since you use web-based mail there is likely no association and you would need to install software if you want to change that.

Reaction score
If you go to control panel > default programs, select "associate a file type or protocol with a program", then locate .eml and that will tell you if any program is assigned to handle email extensions. Since you use web-based mail there is likely no association and you would need to install software if you want to change that.
what type of file would i look for due to this popup?
i use juno webmail
thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you need .eml links to function you need software located on your computer which handles email. There are some packages that reside on your computer but allow you to use web-based mail. One example I know is Windows Live Mail which is free as part of Window Live Essentials. You would have to download and install it (if you do not need Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, etc simply uncheck those boxes) and then set up your Juno account information.

Reaction score
thanks
i have windows mail (not live) would that do?

there is no ems in the file type list.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Windows Mail only came with Vista and is being phased out, you could try it but I don't know if it will allow you to set up a Juno account or not. You could search for instructions to set up Juno with Windows Mail.

But personally, I would recommend you go with the newer Windows Live Mail (which is free) and then follow the instructions I linked above from Juno on how to set up your account in WLM.

Reaction score
i would not be able to set up a juno account on windows mail. but it iS set up !
so maybe someone knows how to make it the default
thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't understand what you mean. Just because the software is installed doesn't make it of any value if you cannot use it. So if you associate it with .eml file extensions but the software itself is not associated with an email service, either POP3 or web-based then it does nothing and you will be no better off than before. The whole point of the .eml is that you can email it.

Reaction score
i can send and receive emails with windows mail on this win7/64 computer.
thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well then try associating Windows Mail to the .EML extension; if it works then you should be all set.

Reaction score
What were you trying to do when you got that popup about not having a default client installed?

If you use Juno web-based, Windows isn't going to give that message if you were online and connected to the Juno server. I think Juno uses .frm files, but you wouldn't be working with those outside of Juno. So I ask again, what were you trying to do when you got that popup about not having a default client installed?

Ask a Question