Hotkey drivers compatibility issues with ASUS notebooks

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am using ASUS N50-VN notebook, and I have just upgraded to win7 RC build.
After that I have installed Hotkey drivers for Vista64 (Bundled with pack), which are not working properly.

Can anybody tell me from whr can I get Win7 compatible drivers (ASUS has not relesed yet), Or how can I run VIsta64 drivers with Win7_64 perfectly..

Thanks!!

Reaction score
you could always run compatability mode.

right click the drivers, click properties, click compatability mode tab. and select whatever those drivers worked last time on, for you this would be vista.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If they have installed ok but don't seem to work, what happens if you run Hcontrol.exe manually (it's in the directory you installed to).

Reaction score
Yes...then It will work..
But I have to run Hcontrol.exe every time after reboot (Eventhough entry is there in startup).

Isn't there any way to run hotkey drivers on Win7 in the same way as Vista?

Huh..when the asus guys will release win7 drivers.. :-(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you able to manually create a shortcut to the hcontrol.exe file and place it in the All Programs/Startup folder on the start menu?

(Or in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run if you are familiar with the registry)

Reaction score
Hi,

i have a similar problem like Neel has,
but i have the M51Va Notebook, and Asus hasnt released any drivers for this series, of course Win7.
The Fn keys doesnt work....

Thanks

Last edited:

Ask a Question