here-is-the driver for GF FX 5200 series-works with W7 32-bit

Reaction score
I'd like to share your happiness ;-))

But I get on the genera tab of the properties an error message that Windows stopped the devive (error 43).
When I try to modified the display resolution, the device shown is "default screen" and in the advanced properties the nvidia graphic card is not displayed only generic.

Any idea ?
Yep.

That means that the card can not communicate with the motherboard.

if you have a chipset of nForce3 or below, it can not work on Vista or 7. Then you have to use XP.

If you have a different chipset, it can work. Update the motherboard bios to newest and install the latest chipset drivers.

Which motherboard do you have? I can show you what to install or tell you if it can work at all.

Reaction score
The computer I try to update is an old but robust laptop dell inspiron 8600 - pentium M 1500 - 768 Mo RAM - from end 2003.

Where do I find the information on the nForce3 chipset ? I searched in the device manager - in the details of the graphical card but I don't what exactly to serach.
Same question for the motherboard ?

I updated the bios to the last known version as you requested.

Like the challenge ?

Reaction score
Nvidia Geforce Fx Go 5200 issue

IHi,
I have a similar problem. My system:
Tohshiba Satellite P25 Serie
Ram: 2GB
HDD: 250 GB
Processor: Intel Pentium 4,CPU 2.8 Ghz
32-bit, Windows 7 Ultimate
Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce fx go 5200
I just installed the modified 96.85 driver (downloaded from www.laptop2go)and followed the instructions wrote by msaif in this forum. The resolution I got is the recommended by Microsoft, 1440 x 900 but aero has to be disabled in order the system doesn´t crash.
My id hardware is:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0324&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0324&SUBSYS_FF001179
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0324&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0324&CC_0300
and the moified file nv_disp.inf is attached.
Could you or someone else tell me how I can fix it.
thanks in advance for your reply.

Reaction score
Hi,
I did everything you say here but Aero doesn´t work properly. I mean, the screen resolution is the one recommended by Microsoft (1440x900) but Aero has to be disabled so that the system doesn´t fail; however, from time to time the screen blinks.
My computer is a laptop Toshiba P25 series and the graphic card in Geforce Fx Go 5200.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sweet

Excellent workaround. Great directions.
hi everyone

if anyone has NVIDIA card of the series FX 5200 and doesn't know how to work it on
windows 7 32bit here is the way. (I tried it successfully).

1. install the free driver from the link below:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_96.85_2.html

it is about 33 MB of size.

2. run the install file.

3. after install is finished you'll be asked if you want to restart now, click yes.

4. after the restart adjust the resolution from the option Screen resolution that appears when make a right click on desktop. (if you click Advanced settings on the same window you will notice that the adapter is now NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200).

untill this point the installation is finished but the aero isn't yet at work, do this to make it work:

1. go to control panel and choose: performance and information tools.
2. on the opened window we will see highlight with a text telling of the new device click Refresh when asked or Re-run the assessment from below the window.

the aero and 3d effects will be run and activated automatically.

On NIVIDA's page it says the driver is for windows vista but it works properly with windows 7.

I hope I made it clear and .. that's all I've got!

enjoy your time everbody.

Eli

Reaction score
hi everyone

if anyone has NVIDIA card of the series FX 5200 and doesn't know how to work it on
windows 7 32bit here is the way. (I tried it successfully).

1. install the free driver from the link below:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_96.85_2.html

it is about 33 MB of size.

2. run the install file.

3. after install is finished you'll be asked if you want to restart now, click yes.

4. after the restart adjust the resolution from the option Screen resolution that appears when make a right click on desktop. (if you click Advanced settings on the same window you will notice that the adapter is now NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200).

untill this point the installation is finished but the aero isn't yet at work, do this to make it work:

1. go to control panel and choose: performance and information tools.
2. on the opened window we will see highlight with a text telling of the new device click Refresh when asked or Re-run the assessment from below the window.

the aero and 3d effects will be run and activated automatically.

On NIVIDA's page it says the driver is for windows vista but it works properly with windows 7.

I hope I made it clear and .. that's all I've got!

enjoy your time everbody.

Yes, this worked perfectly fine on my computer . For 2 days I been trying to find the drivers and you had it the whole time. For me it was a great success. Thank you very much .

Reaction score
*msaif , Thanks a lot Man for your solution ! IT Work Great 4 me! I have a Intel P4 at 3.4Ghz (478) ,Abit IS7,2,5gb ram ,and one Oldtimer video card Inno FX 5200 ,OS win Ultimate x 32 , I hope can play old Half Life!!!! ;)

Reaction score
Just wanted to share with you that the driver below (this is my first post and I'm not allowed to include url so I'll just describe how you get it)

Go to toshiba support for Satellite P25-S520 and grab the Windows XP one
Windows XP/2000 Display Driver for nVidia GeForce FX Go5200 display adapters
Posted Date: 2016-09-20 | Version: 4422 | Size: 15.21M

worked for my Toshiba P25 S520 under Windows 7 32 bit.

Moderator edit: new members cannot add links so I inserted the link to Toshiba Support

Ask a Question