Help will be needed.

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
There is a saying, "He that dual boots accomplishes little". :) That's because one is always booting back & forth and nothing gets done. ;)
There is no direct upgrade path from XP to windows 7, so you will need the 'full' version of Windows 7 to install. The setup program has a feature that allows you to delete and/or format any existing partitions, so you can install W7. You will need to backup your data first.

Reaction score
I have downloaded the recomended website and will you be doing one for Windows 7.

Thank you everyone for all your help and it is the most friendly forum I have come across and I know where tyo come for any help I may need.

Ken

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I have downloaded the recomended website and will you be doing one for Windows 7.

Thank you everyone for all your help and it is the most friendly forum I have come across and I know where tyo come for any help I may need.

Ken
I'm not sure what you are asking in your first sentence above...

We here at the Windows7 forums are glad you found us, Ken! If you have any more questions, etc. Please feel free to start a new topic thread.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The websight you stated about dual booting and I wondering if you will be doing a website about Windows 7 only.

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
If you are referring to my site (WindowsTalk), I cover Windows users in general, but I post Windows 7 specific articles at times. Once Windows 7 is available to the public (Oct. 22nd), I will likely post more about it.
I think for Vista users, Win7 will be an easy transition. It will be more difficult for XP users, but then their PCs may not be able to handle W7 and so, unless they upgrade, most will get W7 on a new PC.

Ask a Question