SOLVED HELP! I'm ripping my hair out...Windows 7 Installation/Setup & Standard NVM Express....

Reaction score
Here's what's going on now (iit's always something, isn't it?)

I got to the Windows 7 configuration screen with language...upgrade or custom install...I chose custom install and where I wanted it installed and BOOM!! it starts asking for the "Standard NVM Express Controller" driver and won't let me pass no way no how uh uh NO. So, I went and downloaded the driver(s) I needed (stornvme.sys and stornvme.sys2). Of course it's easier with .inf files but, I got to work with what is given. Ok, so now I load driver upon installation of Windows 7 and NOPE its not a signed driver yaada yaada yaada! It is not successful. I find out about the Windows 7 Hotfix (KB2990941) for Windows 7 not recognizing that I have the driver already, I don't know how to install this or when I install this. Right now, I have no OS installed, and C drive has nothing in it, I'm using X in Hiren's Boot to complete anything. The hotfix is a .msu file and I can't install it because I don't have Windows 7 installed but I can't install Windows 7 without the Standard NVM Express Controller driver and to fix this problem I need the hotfix. I am stuck and I don't know what to do now. So someone...anyone...any ideas? any solutions? any help?

Ask a Question