Hello all

Reaction score
Well I had better say a big helloooooo to everyone...

Im Steve from the UK, I have been interested in computers since I was a kid, my first machine was a ZX48k speccy complete with manic miner and ant attack! I later moved on to the old faithfully Amiga starting with a 600 then onto a 1200. Then finally bought a PC back in around 96/97 which came loaded with Win 95. Since then I have become more and more interested in computers and have been through the various OS's as they have come and passed by. My current interest lies in the latests forthcoming version of windows 7 which I pre-ordered back in July and just recently came across this forum and thought it looked a great place to be nosey :D

Reaction score
Hi Steve - Glad to see you here with us on this fine forum.

I too started with PC's back in 1989 and followed the various Operating Systems. I have always been about two years behind everyone else before I tried out the new operating systems. I must say this is the first time I will be on the front lines and I am enjoying Windows 7. Come Oct 22 I will have my copy of Windows 7 Premium Upgrade.

Reaction score
I have always been about two years behind everyone
Hi Clifford

Thats how I have usually been with operating systems. I think It was a year and a half before I installed vista, (January this year) and probably the shortest lived too. I began to dislike Vista pretty quick and was glad to have seen 7 arrive, even if it is only in the form of Beta/RC and RTM's. I placed my order for 7 in the July promotions and I too plugged for 7 Premium, I could not go for higher versions as my wallet (and wife!) say its a no go :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome Steve, great to have you here! :D My first computer was a Spectrum 48k too, I loved the "Dizzy" series of games! I even re-played it a few years ago on an online emulator :)

Ask a Question