Glad to be back!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I didn't have a chance to give advance notice due to my arm and hand going completely numb, along with severe headaches, but I was in the hospital for over a week. Two separate surgeries were performed on my neck to correct the problem, it was somewhat successful, but it will take time to determine whether I'll need to undergo again. I hope not soon, because I still have an IV in my hand delivering pain medicine. Ever since my first surgery in May 2006, I've had one issue after the other. I had no choice but to undergo the first time, but once you've had one spinal surgery, your chance of another is over 90% within six years. Anyone on here that has been through this, or have a loved one that has, knows exactly what I'm talking about.

That being said, I've missed my family here a lot. I would never abandon the ones who has taught me so much in the last few months, and to the regulars here who has supported me since becoming a member, I love you all. I only wished that I could have gotten on here to explain beforehand, but I couldn't, and my spouse doesn't know how to use a computer, although I walked her through making sure that my folding continued with few interruptions.

While I have to limit my computer use because my doctor(s) told me being on it for long periods will hinder my healing, I can use it some. I just have to take it easy for a while, if not, I'm looking at a three level cervical fusion, which will involve a lot of implants, and a very long, painful recovery.

At any rate, I'm glad to be back, and looking forward to participating here as much as I can.

Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm taking it one day at a time, that's all that I can do. Hopefully the good days will outweigh the bad ones, and soon I'll regain mobility and have fewer headaches w/o the IV. If not, the procedure that I described above will be my only shot at a normal life, with a 60% success rate at best.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Take your time, don't rush things and let nature do it's work.

Glad to see ya back! Besides football season is right around the corner and now you can kick back and watch some good games.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yeah, I hope that the Panthers do something this year. They flip flop every season, it's time for the good one. Showing Delhomme the door will help their cause a lot. I once supported him, but the truth is, he's only been good because the receivers have made some tough catches. And their one Super Bowl apperance, was due to Stephen Davis from the Skins, who played with a chip on his shoulder. By the time they met New England, his gas ran out.

But with Peppers gone too, it may be different, even though he played big when he wanted to. He still had to be reckoned with.

Either way, it's playoffs, or Fox is gone.

Cat

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Glad to see you back, Cat. Good luck with the aftermath of the operations.
I shoul add: My deep sympathies with the spouse/computer problem, I know the feeling!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good to see you again Cat - fingers crossed for a speedy recovery :).

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Cat, glad to hear you're back. Take it easy and hope to have you here on a daily basis.

GO PATRIOTS!!! :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you, it really means a lot to me. Today has been a little rough, the IV is being slowly weaned from me, and I can tell it, too. The worst part is getting out of the bed, but once I'm up and sitting, I'm alright for a while.

The goal is for the IV to be out by Friday, then I'll begin physical therapy. The last time, in 2006, it lasted for four months, but they say about two this time. At that point, a decision will be made as to do the fusion or not. It will eventually happen anyway, due to the nature of things, but I want it put off for long as possible. If the numbness returns, I'm out of options. I can only hope and pray that it will be a while.

In the meantime, I'm going to live my life to the fullest that I can, and maintain a positive attitude, that will go a long way towards improving my condition.

Thanks to all!:)

Cat

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Welcome back Cat.
I just returned home from a few days away and stumbled across this thread. Hope you feel better soon.
I had very little access to a computer when I was away and it felt good!:) However, I did leave three machines folding @ home and I wanted to check in on them but couldn't.:( Now that I'm back I see the wu's piling up. :D

Reaction score
Cat,

Glad to know that you're starting to feel better and extending my very best wishes for you to have a complete recovery soon. Take care of yourself.

Last edited:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Good to see ya back M8!

This forum just wouldn't be hat it is if you weren't here! Get well!

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Cat,

Just got back from vacation and seen this. Sorry to hear that your back got so bad that you needed surgery but I'm hoping that you get well soon and dont need the grafting for a long time to come...please follow doctors orders as much as you can, a little less forum time now is a small loss compaired to having to go back for more surgery.

Take care and get well. *hugs*

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Today makes the first day in three that I've been able to get up. I returned to my surgeon today, CT scans were ran. Hopefully, the clean up job that was done to relieve the pressure on my nerves has helped. I still have numbness, it may take time.

But I know all too well about time, it took nearly two years after my back surgery to get around good. I just don't want to backslide and be bedridden again. It's not a happy life, I can vouch for that.

Thanks to everyone for thinking of me. It really means a lot to me.:)

Cat

Ask a Question