giant cursor!

Reaction score
hotfix 9.12

@ your 10.2 comment, not suprised. getting a little more than cheesed off with ATI's offering, theyve had more than ample time to make working drivers what with W7 code being around for bloody ages.

another possible issue = screen mother of all **** ups. happens when tabbing between video playback and other applications, happens more than occasionally with me, the screen goes black and appears to completely crash trying to show something like an msn window with a video playing around/behind it. it takes around 4/5 mins in total till it completely gives up and simply dies with a black screen, but before that i appears to try and reboot itself or something, video audio will stop and start and the screen will flash bits of the taskbar etc. obviously i cant screenshot that, or record it....
iv had the same issue, but i have to say it has only happened once in the time i have had my card. not happy with ATI atm :p

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
All of this makes me glad I still have my HD3850 card. Works great and will outperform most of the 4800 series too.

I'm not a huge gamer person, one of these days I may get a 5800 though.

Reaction score
* Download the ATI driver from here to the root of your C: drive. Unzip R272996.zip and it should go to C:\R272996
* Click Start- Control Panel- Programs- Uninstall a program
* Choose ATI Catalyst Control Center or ATI Catalyst Install Manager
* Click Uninstall/Change
* Follow the prompts to Remove the software
* Do this for all ATI listings
* When done, close the Control Panel but do not restart the PC
* Click Start
* Right Click Computer
* Click Manage- Device Manager
* Open Display Adapters
* Right click ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
* Click Uninstall