SOLVED Fujitsu N6210 laptop Driver corruption

Reaction score
MOD NOTE: This was originally posted HERE, but that thread was over 2 years old and the original poster is no longer around so I moved this to its' own thread. --TrainableMan

Hi TorrentG, Maybe you have an idea how to fix this. Many Thanks, Peter.
My Fujitsu N6210 laptop was working fine with Win 7 Ultimate, and max hi-res screen resolution. When the PC "awoke" after lid was closed, the screen did not show properly, and had some lines. Window error message about display driver corruption, then "recovered", but only occasionally working OK 100%, at max resolution, but then showing stripes again. Resolution can no longer be set higher than 1024x768. When running the Fujitsu downloaded N6210_VIDEO_ATIX600_V6.14.10.6512_XP.EXE file, no more screen at all. Have to reboot in safe mode and re-install Windows 7 Ultimate. Then to get sound, run Fujitsu N6110,N6210_AUDIO-HD_REALTEK_V5.10.0.5119_XP.EXE. Running that, the sound comes back, and also the screen comes back 100% full hi-res for that session, but then, after re-start goes back to 1024x768, and cannot select hi-res no more (only 1024x768 or 800x600). I also saw some forum through Fujitsu, advising to download ATI Radeon™ Video Card Drivers? Is that something I should do.
Please advise me how to set up my N6210 with Windows 7 Ultimate and hi res screen. It has worked fine for several years, and now no more?
Also the wireless device can no longer be found. I am waiting for a reply from Fujitsu? Cabled internet is fine.
Thank you, Rolf Schreiner, +31685017075, (e-mail address removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
ATI drivers on Fujitsu N6210 running Windows 7 Ultimate

Installing ATI/AMD graphics driver on Fujitsu N6210, running Windows 7 Ultimate, and allowing
full 1440x900 screen resolution

1. Find ATI/AMD support file at:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx
2. Download and install - use compatibility mode
3. Let Windows Update find the drivers and let Windows install them
4. ATI software will display a message that the ATI Mobility Radeon X600 is successfully
installed.
5. Reboot the N6210.
6. 1440x900 screen resolution is now available and working.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
PeterXu, TorrentG is no longer a member here.

It sounds like system files and/or drivers on your computer have been corrupted (possibly by a failing hard drive) or your registry may have been messed up. It could also be a virus though I would say it is unlikely based on your symptoms but safest to rule that out with a full scan from safe mode.

As for the hard drive, you should scan it for problems (chkdsk /f). Then check the system files (sfc /scannow). You might also try a system restore.

If the registry was damaged, possibly by an overly aggressive registry cleaner, than your best option if a system restore doesn't work, is a fresh install.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I moved your question to its' own thread.

Ask a Question