Freezing problem hotfix

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
And we are glad you brought the info about the hotfix. Welcome aboard.

Reaction score
No luck

Installed hotfix properly, but still get frozen :(

I read almost 600 posts about these theme, i followed rules of this HotFix (never BSOD at me), had cross fingers, but no help for now...
In start (last weekend), before knowing this Hot Fix, i made clean reinstall, checked disks, contacts, SATA cable,...

Before this second hand computer (gifted little more then 2 months ago, and it worked fine for 2 month w/o freezing), I had older comp, also with W7, no problem at all...

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Vivaldi this is a beta patch from Microsoft. You should exhaust all other possibilities as it is for a very specific situation.

Please start a new BSOD thread using the instructions explained HERE so your problems can be analyzed.

Edit: sorry, misread your post - thought you had never gotten a BSOD before but now you had. Without a BSOD this is a very difficult problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh yeah it didn't work.
Silly me there I am enjoying some music while I go about my business then I get hit with the reality that my W7 is f*cked. What an absolute piece of crap, what a joke. I am so tired of this. XP is the only way

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The truth is, if you have older equipment it often is a better idea to stay with XP. Companies just do not care as much about keeping the old hardware they sold you working; they already got your money for that and they only want to keep enough people happy that they buy something new.

When I started in this business PCs were depreciated for 10 years, that means companies expected them to be useful on average that long. Companies quickly learned that they were lucky to last 5 years and in the high-end machines you are lucky to have 2 or 3 years.

It's a hard thing for many individuals to think that your PC likely needs replaced every 5 years and if you don't want to do that then just don't buy new games, don't buy a new OS and don't buy new hardware. As long as you are happy with what you have then you are in the perfect world; it is when you want what you don't have or when you believe the advertisements saying you NEED something new that you run in to trouble.

Reaction score
Hi again!

20 days ago I solved the problem...
Freezing problem was related with my SATA disk.
I did formatted him often times, but when once i decide to try last chance, to install W7 on old SATA disk, then no freezing anymore...
Validation of SATA disk problem was after 2-3 days of no freezing, i transferred only one folder (consisting one exe file and some data used by program) on again (slow) formatted SATA disk, then freezing started again, but this time only during that program was executing.
Finally, i moved my folder back to ATA disk, and then plugged off SATA disk.
No problem of freezing at all from that time, Aero working, lots programs, tabs running normally, ....
Only, I can not know, was it problem on my SATA disk, or on related SATA hardware on my MB, or maybe on cable. So far, I kept my SATA disk, and will wait chance to examine that, either I buy new SATA disk, when time comes (only 50% ATA disk is full, I am not download type person), either to ask friend to test it...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Vivaldi, Glad you figured out it was a hardware issue. These problems can be very difficult to resolve.

Ask a Question