Free Paragon Software

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I'm not actually crazy about Paragon, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks. PS: What is a SVGA video adapter & monitor. They are requirements, that's what the ad stated.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
What is a SVGA video adapter & monitor?
[FONT=arial,helvetica]Last modified: Monday, February 24, 2003 [/FONT]

Short for Super VGA, a set of graphics standards designed to offer greater resolution than VGA. SVGA supports 800 x 600 resolution, or 480,000 pixels. The SVGA
standard supports a palette of 16 million colors, but the number of colors that can be displayed simultaneously is limited by the amount of video memory installed in a system. One SVGA system might display only 256 simultaneous colors while another displays the entire palette of 16 million colors. The SVGA standards are developed by a consortium of monitor and graphics manufacturers called VESA.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
So does that mean that I have it? I don't want to install something on here that is not useful. BTW, that download for the backup software above was over 300MB. That's a lot for a backup program. That's over half of the recent download for XP Pro that I done a couple of days ago. It was 589MB, this program must be a very large one. But disc space is no problem. That's just a long download for backup software.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
So does that mean that I have it?
Yes

Paragon Backup I consider to be bloatware. Macrium Reflect and Acronis True Image Home are much smaller installs and better IMHO.

Macrium Reflect Free is the best FREE one available.

Acronis True Image is the best purchased one available.

These are personal opinions however.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
You're right, Macrium is the best free backup system on the market. The one included with Windows 7 isn't bad, either, I've done a couple of recoveries with it. But it lacks the options of Macrium. And BTW, I've heard the same of Acronis True Image by many users. 300MB for backup has to be very bloated for backup software, I mean VERY bloated. More that one half the size of XP Pro SP3, that's too much.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
In the end I decided not to install and try it. Part of the reason was that whopping dl size.

Even the newest version, pro 10 I think was about half that size.

Ask a Question