Foxit 4.0

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Revo Uninstaller will take care of a lot of the trash that would otherwise be left behind, but even it's no 100% guarantee. However, it's my default uninstaller, and it does the best job of any uninstaller on the market. You have four levels of deep scanning for removal, I always select the last one (the deepest one). It's not perfect, nothing is, but it's the best uninstaller that I've had. They have a free & paid versions, the free works fine for me.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Well I wont stop using apps like CCleaner just because it offers Yahoo toolbar, as Cat says rubbish can be cleaned out (even if it means using regedit to do so).

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yes, even CCleaner (and virtually any free app) will offer a toolbar of some sort, insert entries into your Start Menu, and so on. It is the user's responsibility to uncheck these boxes before installing the product in question.

Also, it's the users responsibility to carefully read the EULA that comes with every product (and they all have a EULA). If you disagree with ANY part of it, simply don't install the product, that's your last chance out prior to install. Many users just click through everything, and that's not a good way to do. By not reading the EULA, you don't know what is being installed on your computer, and just because it may be "freeware", you still have obligations to follow. Be aware of what you're agreeing to.

Cat

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Have recently installed Nitro PDF (free version).
Some might find this useful.
http://www.nitroreader.com/
I'm with beamish here, by name and beer. Another vote for NitroPDF. :top:. A cracking PDF Reader/Editor. I also always keep SumatraPDF in my Portables Folder

I've never been able to live with foxit for one simple (stupid) reason. Their icons are just too goddamn bloody ugly!! My 2yr old grandson could do better!!

Mind you, the same could possibly be said about XnViews icons, but because I really like that program it was worth the effort to change the icons in the XnView.exe file to the windows defaults or better.